wireless routers

lynny

Solid State Member
Hi all i know ive posted about this already but the info i got i already had and it wasnt much help. Right do i put my dsl router direct into back of computer or not one person says yes another says no HELP it cant be that hard to set up a wireless router from a computer to a laptop can it! Where do i plug it into and what do i unplug HELP please i am getting really desperate and about to throw it out the back door.xxlynny
:mad:

Well think about what you are saying. You are setting up a wireless router so why are you talking about connecting it directly to your computer. The essence of wireless is that you do not need a cable to plug directly into the computer. I have never set up DSL but I am assuming you have some sort of DSL modem. You would run the phone line connection into the modem then run a line from the modem into the router. Then you have to go into your computer and run whatever wireless network setup program you have. On XP it's just simply called Wireless Network Setup Wizard. From there it should search the air waves for an internet signal and you go from there.

nah, when I had to set up my router you needed to connect it the modem, then connect the router to a PC that was going to be on the network (yes, a pain in the ass if all the computers are upstairs, but thankfully I was using a laptop), then using the installation disc it would configure my router, then I could disconnect it and that's that. All I did was install the dongle and I was away.

Anyway, to the problem.

Did you get an installation disc with the router?
If you did then just stick it in and it should give you easy step-by-step instructions on what to do.

oh crap yeah you're right. I completely forgot it does need to be connected to one computer. Well same set up as I said above except one cable is gonna connect from the router directly to your computer (a network cable that is).

hey guys thanks for that i dont suppose any of you are on msn or yahoo 2nite bout 6ish are you cos then you can xplain to my mate how to do it step by step cos if i xplain i think we'll end up killing each other you know two women who know what they want from different angles and all that. Her msn addy is kaz7073 you'll see she's the right one cos of the cocktail glasses on her id. thanks againxxlynny

Back
Top Bottom