Standby Issue

bloo2

Solid State Member
I understand that standby is usually interrupted by moving the mouse, or pushing a key on the keyboard. however, if the standby button on my keyboard is pushed, or the computer is idle long enough to go into standby, the computer becomes unresponsive, and I end up having to turn it off and back on. I've checked my keyboard and mouse options, and both are setup to bring the computer back, but it doesn't work. I've turned standby off currently but, I'd prefer to find a solution to the problem.

Hmm...

I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that...

I guess if you plan to leave it for a little while, just put a screensaver on, and possibly tell the monitor to turn off from the Power Options in Control Panel.

If you plan to have it left there for long periods, just go into Standby manually by going to Start, Shutdown and select Standby, which actually turns the computer half off, and don't think is brought back by moving the mouse... or am I getting confused with Sleep...

I have an HP computer very similar to urs and i dont have a problem. I just put it in standby. ACtually, you will know if it is in standby if it is making no noise WHATSOEVER.There is a diff between idle and standby

Back
Top Bottom