Put my desk top back together and no monitor!

pameladevine

Beta member
I have a Medion MT6 that needed a new power supply. I put it in and it started up, but now I don't have a monitor. Tested the monitor and it's fine. I must have missed a connection, but I sure can't see where.

Any suggestions?

Pamela

If you have checked every connection and they are all connected then what you can try is unplug the powercables that plug into your motherboard and turn on the computer. Then turn it off plug the powercables back into the motherboard. Now try turning your computer back on again. That happened to me before and this fixed it. Hope it works for you.

Okay, I checked and rechecked cords and plugs. No monitor. I've come to the conclusion the power supply I put in isn't the right one. I actually borrowed it from an scrap computer. It was made by the same company. Both a 250.

Anyway, can anyone advise me the best way to find the right replacement? Medion support was the one who originally diagnosed the problem and told me a replacement power supply should cost me $6.50! Euros?? My computer store has a 350 for $60. Everywhere I went it was that and more.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pamela

Back
Top Bottom