Parts in, ready to build!

Yes, exactly. Ignore the middle plug. The shorter end goes to your DVD burner and the longer end goes to the IDE1 port.

If that is the speaker plug, that is odd. Most cases have speakers integrated. Hmm..yeah, plug that speaker plug into the SPEAKER pins on the motherboard.

Ok,

And yeah, the mobo has a speaker but it says put the case one there, so...

And I just had a question but forgot it, I'm sure I'll remember when I reach the kitchen..

Well who knows what my question was, but Im finishing getting everything hooked up, before I go to power it on though I'll take some pics for you guys to examine..

i dont think newegg made a mistake with the board, the ultra D comes with 2 pci-e slots but its not actually sli although it can be modded to be

Yes, and it has this nice little graphic on the box that says SLI..

Anyhow, theres no plugs coming out of my PSU that FAN ONLY, does that mean the fans have to be plugged into them? It's got the 4 holes, like what I would plug into the DVD burner, but only 2 are real, like 2 of them dont have the metal in them..

Any one of the power connectors coming out of the PSU with the 4 'holes' can be used to supply juice to system fans. The same connectors can also be used to power DVD burners and SATA drives too (depending on your PSU). Some PSU have dedicated SATA power connectors while others need to use an adapter that comes with the motherboard for SATA power.

TRDCorolla said:
Any one of the power connectors coming out of the PSU with the 4 'holes' can be used to supply juice to system fans. The same connectors can also be used to power DVD burners and SATA drives too (depending on your PSU). Some PSU have dedicated SATA power connectors while others need to use an adapter that comes with the motherboard for SATA power.

That was my next question. On the hdd, it has the 4 prongs, male, for power, just like the back of the optival drive, but my mobo came with the same thing, its an adapter from the male 4 prong to this sleek littke thing, so i used that. I'm powering my optical drive, floppy, and hdd all on the same "train" so to speak, leet dude will know what im talking about, the wire compues out of the psu, into my dvd, back out down to my floppy, back out, down to the hdd, oh and my 120mm fan in the front. I mean I know its made to do this, or they wouldnt have put all the connectors, but do you think its not at the best perormance it could be because of that? I mean it helps clean the mess with the psu wires, but do you think i should try to use maybe 2 "trains"?

Back
Top Bottom