I need help please.. Jumpdrive prob

Kartik1

Solid State Member
Hello, I am Kartik, New member to the forums :D

I have a problem. I have a nice LexarMedia 1 Gb JumpDrive and was working -PERFECTLY- this morning and now needs formatting, and when i attempt to format it, it simply says: "unable to format" What gives? I didn't damage it I'm 100% sure. Can someone explain whats going on? I tryed all different settings as well.. simply didn't work. My mum will kill me if she finds out I did something to the JumpDrive (they are expensive anyhow) PLEASE HELP!!
Cheers,
Scope

What kind of files you have on there? Delete everything off of the JumpDrive and try again. If still can't do it, reboot the PC. I also have a Lexar JumpDrive Pro too. Mine is a 512MB though and I did have a reformatting problem one time. It was empty so I didn't know why it wouldn't reformt. So I rebooted the PC and it worked. Wierd.

I don't know what files are on it. Even when i click the J: Drive it says i need to format. I can't access the files at all.

Holy crap, it may be damaged or screwed up. Are you getting the same error message on other PCs too? I have an Imation USB JumpDrive 1GB also and there's a program on there that will let you reformat and partition it. Is there a program like that on your LExar drive? Since you can't access it, I'm not sure if you can find out.

It doesn't work on other computers, and i don't think there is formatting software i checked *curses*

Also i tried to format my c: drive (my operating system is in d: wierd i know)
and it says windows unable to format the drive when i do that as well.
any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom