Parts in, ready to build!

I've got all the standoff's in place, hopefully they all line up alright. Putting this thing in is pretty tricky! I have these little red washers, should I use those with the screws when screwing in the mobo? And if so, on the top or bottom of the mobo?

You don't need washers. My old Gateway PC didn't have washers in there either and it was suppose to be "professionaly" built. My current PC don't have washer installed either. I just screw it in. The surrounding holes where you mount the screws on the motherboard are covered with insulating materials anyways so nothing will happen.

Mine came with those plastic/cardboard washers. I didn't use them, just screwed the standoff's in and called it good!

Alright, let me go try to get this screwed in right quick and I shall return, TRD you have any particular time you're going to have to get going tonight?

NOt really. I'm off and on with homework and other stuff. I may be away for like 15 minutes or so and then back to poke around. If 1337DuD3 is around, he can probably answer quite a bit too.

lol, I'll bet he's concentrating real hard on trying to get everything connected. I can imagine him with the manual open and messing with the wires.

Damnit, I just wrote a ton, then tried to look at the second page. Anyways summarizing what i was abotu to post, got it screwed in, I think I got all the front panel stuff hooked up, including the 4 USB's, the mobo has a spot for those. Not sure about the other port though, the IEEE something or other (too lazy to look it up) So I'm just gonna let that be.. Now all i have to do is put in the video card, harddrive, then hookup the hard drive optical drive and floppy, along with getting power to everything, and plugging some stuff in the mobo. The only other things i can think of that i have to plug in, besides things like IDE and SATA cables, are the two fans I have..

The IEEE is useless to me. It's Firewire. I never use it so I didn't bother hooking that up. It's junk to me. That's good that you got it connected. Now get the other stuff I told you before installed and power it up to see if the case buttons work (ie, power, reset, and if the LED lights come on and stuff).

Back
Top Bottom