internet speed...

lol I finally checked this post again and changed the duplex and I'm running some more tests right now.

it raised the speed a lil bit but I still need to buy a new modem because comcast doesnt support mine for some odd reason.

burton_o6 said:
if you are connected via ethernet...and your local area connection says 100mbps...then right click my computer->properties->hardware->device manager-> click + next to network adapters. Right click your nic. And go to advanced and change the speed and duplex to 10 mbps full duplex....

reason...when your lac is set to 100...it actually cause slower speed. Justlike if you have crappy lines. and you have a 7 meg connection. You may actuall expirience much slower speeds than if you were at 1 meg...

if i didnt explain well enough. let me know...lol

edit:

sorry didnt see your post...but im 99% sure thats what he is talking about
i tried that and it made mine quite a bit slower but if i changed it to 100mbps full duplex i get 4.6mbps download and 560kbps upload which sounds really good to me and better than what i had it set to before, nice tip :D

wow while i was on the device manager on my dads comp i noticed that he didnt have the usb controller installed so i installed it and it went from 1.6mbps to 3.4mbps so if u dont have that installed try that, its weird how that would change it that much though anyone know why that happened?

i just looked at my sis's comp and thats only at 1.6mbps now im really confused, sry to steal the thread...

Back
Top Bottom