Windows vs. Linux

I choose Windows, simply because i'm most familiar with it's aspects, good compatibility, easy to use and pretty efficient in my opinion. I've tried a few distributions of Linux, such as Fedora Core 4 and Ubuntu Breezy Badger, but i still haven't been able to get used to it, it's confusing for me and i guess i just don't know here to start.
Saying all this, Windows XP definately gets my vote.

Linux isn't for the everyday person, and it probably never will get to that point either. It will always be the OS of choice for kids living in their moms basement. ;-P j/k

OS X is probably the best thing that ever happend to the *nixes

there is...

it's just labled as "the ugly redhat"

that red hat of course is a fedora red hat...

and it's probably only Ugly because Lhuser doesn't know how to install themes, or has only seen a cut down minimal xwindow installation...

Redhat can run gnome exactly the same as suse does, so they could look exactly the same if you wanted...

I agree that Fedora doesnt exactly have the nicest default theme around but it basically is still GNOME and KDE and can be configured exactly the same as any other distro.

This poll is bias!
First of all, there are so many distros out there. With such a limited number of selections, you couldn't possibly click on the disto you'd like.

Not only that, but you have OS 10 and then OS X which is the SAME THING!!

What the heck? Ugly Redhat? See? This poll is just built on the principals of the author's view that he himself loves Windows and hates Linux.

Let me tell you something. Linux is rapidly becoming the OS of choice and is taking over Microsoft's desktop monopoly. It has already taken over the server PCs.

Linux is more stable and is far more protected and less security prone than Windows.
Linux is virtually virus free, spyware free and hacker free. Windows is plaqued with viruses, security hazards and spyware.

Quinton McLeod said:

This poll is bias!
First of all, there are so many distros out there. With such a limited number of selections, you couldn't possibly click on the disto you'd like.

Not only that, but you have OS 10 and then OS X which is the SAME THING!!

What the heck? Ugly Redhat? See? This poll is just built on the principals of the author's view that he himself loves Windows and hates Linux.

Let me tell you something. Linux is rapidly becoming the OS of choice and is taking over Microsoft's desktop monopoly. It has already taken over the server PCs.

Linux is more stable and is far more protected and less security prone than Windows.
Linux is virtually virus free, spyware free and hacker free. Windows is plaqued with viruses, security hazards and spyware.

1. There ar emany distros out there, but I chose the most common ones. D'you have a problem with that?

2.Both are different. Read MAC OSes info

3. RedHat is awful as Linux. I had so many trouble with it...couldn't even play a song. See?

4.:rolleyes: You outdated man! Linux has already went over Windows when it was in the Windows ME/2k times

5. Linux is Virus free because Linux does not have executionable files such as EXE, BAT and COM

lhuser said:
1. There ar emany distros out there, but I chose the most common ones. D'you have a problem with that?

3. RedHat is awful as Linux. I had so many trouble with it...couldn't even play a song. See?

4.:rolleyes: You outdated man! Linux has already went over Windows when it was in the Windows ME/2k times

5. Linux is Virus free because Linux does not have executionable files such as EXE, BAT and COM

Fedora can't play your mp3s due to the fact that the mp3 format is covered by a patent. It only takes bout 5 secs to install the codec anyway so its no big-deal.

lhuser said:

Yes.

No they're not. They're the same thing.

OS X is OS 10.0 which is Cheetah. From there it goes to Puma, Jaguar, Panther and so forth. Here's a link to prove it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_10

Because you have to download the Mp3 codec!!!!!!!

It's not the OS's fault that you're ignorant.

No it hasn't... The dominate OS on computers in the US is Windows. In China, it would be Linux, but in the UK and Japan it's Windows. Maybe you're in China.

Linux is "virtually" virus free. There are Linux viruses out there, but they aren't as prevalent as Windows viruses. Also, Linux viruses are weak because of the Linux OS environment.

Linux has executables. Hell you can even rename your executable .exe and run it. Don't believe me?

rewtguy@linsensi ~ $ echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n echo "Linux Executable"' > bleh.exe && chmod +x bleh.exe && ./bleh.exe
Linux Executable

1.jpg

/me loves how people feel they "MUST" defend their OS of choice

Maybe I should get a bucket of popcorn and watch everyone fight it out...

It's not the OS's fault that you're ignorant.
Well said.

Back
Top Bottom