Best Programs for Security?

AVG free version is good if u need something quickly but i think its still better to go and buy something

Antivirus and Firewall : Mcafee (costs some money, or free with MSN internet service)

Antispyware: Microsoft Antispyware, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy (use all three, they're free)

Antivirus: Nortan Antivirus 2003

Firewall: Zone Alarm Free Edition

Spyware: Ad-aware Free Edition

07mackenzie said:
In your opinion, what software out there is best for securing your computer for the 3 following categories:

Virus (Scanning/Protection)
Firewall
Spyware/Adware (Scanning/Protection)

Currently, I'm running AVG Free Virus Scanner, ZoneAlarm Free, and Adaware Personal

So I think any upgrade from those would be nice :p And I'm willing to pay

Also: if your reccommendation for one category also includes good software for another, then please make that clear. It would be kinda annoying to have two spyware scanners running at once or something :D And lastly, I'd just like something that DOESNT slow the computer down like all hell

Thankkks!

Anit-Virus-Norton anti virus 2003
spyware-Spybot, Adware, Microsoft anti spyware
Firewall-windows firewall or maybe zone alarm

Very recently I downloaded WebRoot Spy Sweeper and like it so much I bought it even before the free trial period ended. It is very proactive and has prevented all spyware from get on my computer. So far, so good. The deciding factor was that I bought a Creative sound card and this Spy Sweeper caught the Creative software trying to install an AOL program on my hard drive. I hate AOL!,and was not too pleased with Creative even thought I think their Sound Blaster cards are great. :mad: :p

Since i dont take chances and im a weirdo i use:
Windows firewall
Nortons Internet Security- Coperate edition (from work)
Microsoft Anitspyware
Spyware Blaster
Adware SE 1.6
Spy Bot S&D
And i use to have trend micros pc penicilin

JonS said:
Very recently I downloaded WebRoot Spy Sweeper and like it so much I bought it even before the free trial period ended. It is very proactive and has prevented all spyware from get on my computer. So far, so good. The deciding factor was that I bought a Creative sound card and this Spy Sweeper caught the Creative software trying to install an AOL program on my hard drive. I hate AOL!,and was not too pleased with Creative even thought I think their Sound Blaster cards are great. :mad: :p
ive used spy sweeper before and it is very good the only thing i didnt like about it is that it wouldnt let me receive files on msn, once the subscription ended i never bothered getting it again i just use spybot and adaware and i get by with those

These are the security programs I use:

Virus: Nod 32
Firewall: Outpost Firewall
Spyware: Spyware Blaster, Spyware Doctor 3.5, MS Anti-Spyware
Others: Process Guard

All work very well together. :)

Back
Top Bottom