Custom-built vs. Prebuilt

The only thing i have against pre-built computers besides generic parts is that they come loaded with crappy software.....i can't stand it. It slows the computer down, since there are liek 5 aol trials 6 msn trials 22 word processors and 47.5 firewalls included but dont worry each thing runs out after 60 days..:D

Without a doubt, custom built PCs are a far better option.

I personally have never bought a Computer (pc), I've always built them. I remember building a 286 PC many years ago with Windows v3 / Dos :eek: .

BullDog(UK)

thats wicked and oldschool, i still have that new car smell and wasnt around for those computers, well, my family didnt own them when i was growing up.

I agree with trd. Custom = power build. You can't settle for less than what you want. Prebuilt is for grandma's and the like, where dell can give her a nice flat screen for free along with her celeron and 256mb of ram and an 80gb hd. You have to do it yourself. It's the only way. Right now, the top system: fx-60 or x2 4800+, water cooled and oc'ed, 2gb of ram (ocz gold), two 15,000rpm hd's in raid 0, then two 500gb hd's in raid 1, dual 7800gtx's 512mb each, each with a water cool block and oc'ed of course, x-fi pro, turbo cool 1k psu, some plextor dvd drives, and some massive case to hold it all.

TreeHugger said:
The only thing i have against pre-built computers besides generic parts is that they come loaded with crappy software

Generic? :rolleyes: Is a Asus motherboard generic? :D

Hp....

TRDCorolla said:
I just can't see myself going prebuilt PCs anymore. Well, my laptop is prebuilt-but it's a laptop, lol. I don't care for the performance on that thing, as long as I can have a portable PC that does word processing and surf the Net. That's it.

EXACT same thing HERE! :D

asus can be good sometimes but not all the time, i have a P4S800 in one of my other comps and it SUCKS if u plug in the front usb ports on the thing my ide ports stop working...anyways prebuilt is deffinately better since a lot of companies tend to throw in the cheapest components they can find then just try to make it look nice whereas with a custom built comp u put exactly what u want in it to suit your needs

jac006 said:
I agree with trd. Custom = power build. You can't settle for less than what you want. Prebuilt is for grandma's and the like, where dell can give her a nice flat screen for free along with her celeron and 256mb of ram and an 80gb hd. You have to do it yourself. It's the only way. Right now, the top system: fx-60 or x2 4800+, water cooled and oc'ed, 2gb of ram (ocz gold), two 15,000rpm hd's in raid 0, then two 500gb hd's in raid 1, dual 7800gtx's 512mb each, each with a water cool block and oc'ed of course, x-fi pro, turbo cool 1k psu, some plextor dvd drives, and some massive case to hold it all.
Everything there can be matched and exceeded... except the harddrives, but those are easy to acquire... just select the "no" option and you can install it yourself.

gaming_freak said:
asus can be good sometimes but not all the time, i have a P4S800 in one of my other comps and it SUCKS if u plug in the front usb ports on the thing my ide ports stop working...anyways prebuilt is deffinately better since a lot of companies tend to throw in the cheapest components they can find then just try to make it look nice whereas with a custom built comp u put exactly what u want in it to suit your needs

I think you said that wrong.

Back
Top Bottom