Spyware? Adware? Virus?

DarkCarnie

Solid State Member
I think I may have one of those three that is causing this. I run ad-aware and spyboy S&D but after I try to remove everything it finds it wont let me. My BitDefender 8 isn't able to scan for viruses either. What should I do? Its causing me to have problems opening programs most of the time.

First link, in that link is very helpfull. But i reccomend, boot into safe mode, and then search for the virus. And take it out.

try avg free as well, then if you cant remove it while in safe mode you might need to switch off your system restore. some viruses hide in the restore points and manifest themselves after you re-boot from safe mode. just remember that once you turn off system restore, you will lose all of your past restore points.
woz

this sounds like the coolweb virus i had trhat on one of my computers......its retarded. IT takes FOREVER to get rid of thsoe things, if u can. I didn't use my old computer for 3months since it has a cool web virus-malware on it. I tried everything too, and for the life of me i can't remember what worked.

ya just try and see if u can find it in safe mode first and if u cant then it might be time to reformat and reinstall which isnt a big deal

I just had the same problem, and if the Trojans you have are called "trojan.downloader's" or "mall ware" then they are likely embedded in TMP##### files in your C:/_RESTORE folder. If your virus program or ad aware prompts you to restart in order to delete the viruses upon the next reboot, and they are in C:/_RESTORE, you'll need to delete the C:/_RESTORE folder from dos. Turning off system restore alone will not let you remove the files. It's safe to delete the C:/_RESTORE folder, and you can always recreate it later on.

To delete it, make a boot disk for your system, do it from a computer that is not infected. If it's a different operating system, download the boot disk setup you need from http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm. Once you have made the boot disk, you will need to copy one additional file onto the disk... DELTREE.exe... http://www.uv.tietgen.dk/staff/mlha/Download/DOS/microsoft/DELTREE.EXE

Once downloaded, copy DELTREE.exe onto your already made boot disk, and then head over to your infected computer with disk in hand. While infected computer is off, put disk in drive a: and turn on computer. Once you get to A:/> prompt, type
DELTREE.EXE C:\_RESTORE
This will ask, Delete all contents? press y.
Take disk out, restart and run AVG, or ad aware. All those crappy Trojans, which by the way would stay in your system even if you reinstalled windows, should now be gone.

Back
Top Bottom