*Official* Random fact about you thread.

Half Evil

Golden Master
Well not me, but my parents have OVER 1,100 Cookie Jars. No not a typo. Just a random fact about my life. Can anyone top that?

And there not filled with cookies :(

Cookie jars?!? They must love collecting those. I don't that much of anything really. I do have my basketball card collections, I think in the 500 card range. I have like 50 Michael Jordan's dating all the way back to 1987. My prized possesion is the 1992 complete set USA DreamTeam men's basketball cards (along with my Jordan's of course).

I'm a big sports memorabilia collector...I have TONS of stuff. Everything from old SI Magazines, old weekly hobby report papers, and around 20,000 cards. Maybe more, not sure. Have everything from your commons, to Certified Autographs, Jersey Cards, Floor Cards, Bat cards...All kinds of good stuff. Somewhere in there i've got an old 'Net Shredders' card with a piece of the basketball net in it too...

And uh...I can wiggle my ears :D

Those are probably worth a fortune what you have. Espcially those cards with actual material embedded into them. Autographed cards are always nice because they guarantee value. Make sure they are all in mint condition and packed well.

Oh, I take very good care of all of my cards. Every memorabilia card is in protectors, and then locked inside of a lockbox I have. And speaking of prize possesion, i've got 1 card that really stands out from the rest. I'm NO golf fan by any means, but i've got this Tiger Woods card out of the 1996 Issue of Sports Illustrated for Kids. Now, to most that means nothing, but to others that are into the collecting hobby, they see that and know that that individual card has sold for as much as 6 Figures..yes, Six...6..The card was in the SI for Kids magazine attached to the other cards with perforated edges, and most refer to the removal of that card as 'defusing a bomb' because one false move, and bam, the value is gone. But, the value is dropped when it's still in the book. And for those that think i'm full of hot air, here's an excerpt and link that it was taken from:

"What does the future hold for Tiger Woods cards? It's hard to say. When the first SI for Kids PSA 10 Woods card (from 1996) sold for slightly over $10,000, I thought the buyer was living dangerously. Recently, a card in the same grade sold for over $100,000!" http://www.psacard.com/articles/article3014.chtml

Do you still collect cards now? They have ridiculous value despite being so new. I'm wonder why my older 92 Upper Deck basketball collection isn't worth that much? I have the Larry Birds, Karl Malones, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkely, etc, etc. in them. The whole set is only worth like $10!!!!! But the new cards are like in the thousands (Shaq rookie, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom