X-Box (orig.) system link questions?

JakeManes

Beta member
I thought about it and "I" think this is a networking question suitable for this thread. Ok, my friend lives across the street (about 120ft through my aunts yard and across the street) and he doesnt have dsl or ethernet but we want to system link. I know internet speed suffers if our cable is over 100 but does that include network data too? (like systemink data) If wiring is not an option, what could he buy to alow him touse my wireless connection?

Yes, I am a noob and sorry if this is off topic or old. Even if it is, dont b**** about it because Im nt in the mood, I got bit by my gerbil and it HURTS! :mad:

ahem.........*cough cough* sorry....

Thanks! :p

If you want him to connect to your wireless connection, then a wireless access point and a wireless card for his computer should do the trick. For the XBOX, I'm not a 100% sure about them, I view them as a computer, and a standard crossover cable should do the trick- only problem is it is a very long distance across the street. Even though it is 120ft, you should be able to get away with it, due to Cat5 having a range of around 150ft. You may see some lag though.

Back
Top Bottom