Who Here plays an instrument

Kage said:
Yeah, it is quite good, though the one I'm hopefully getting is tonnes better. More professional than home, but meh :p

Roland keyboards are actually good, though I haven't had a chance to tinker around with them much.

Are there a defining feature with Rolands?
Like for example, Yamaha, you get all the music finders, etc, and alot of enphise on styles,
whereas the Casio keyboard are more for custom users who like to do a bit more tinkering with sounds.

I don't know I'm just starting keyboard and I've just got a medium-low priced Roland, Maybe when I get better I'll learn more about the actual instruments and not just how to use them...

I can play alot of dance and I want to actualy make a trance track or something (Though i don't really want to get a keyboard sequencer just for this type of genre), and thats usually what I come out with, just a backing track to a dance track or something that doesn't develop...
Though when I do actually make a proper song, it comes out kind of Classical/Instrumental like.

Melodic Metal? :p

My music ranges can differ though. I make music to my surrounding feelings, so for example I made a rather eerie song after I got some trouble on my way home from College, that night, hehe. Some good comes from it :p

Yes Melodic Metal it is also called Symphonic metal. It's influenced By Death metal and Power Metal but also heavily influenced by classical music.
Bands that come to mind are...
Kamelot
Nightwish
Rhapsody
Blind Guardian

I also play alot of Hardcore Riffs and Power Metal stuff.

Kewl. I haven't heard any of those bands, but that doesn't really suprise me. Alot of good stuff, I've probably never heard before.

Sounds good though. Never knew there was metal with melodies. Because usually its all bang bang on the guitars with shouting, hehe.

Might have to give it a try...

and kewl. Rolands are good though, so you probably do have an okay keyboard there.

Yeh I don't really like the bang bang growling metal. Some bands are okay but for the most part its very unpolished. There's a whole lotta keyboard in Power and Symphonic Metal.

I've played guitar for about 11 years now (and I'm still not all that good at it... (although I am self taught...)

I also played the Tuba, and I was in a brass band that competed, and I've been on tour with that band in both france and germany...

which was kind of cool... (but also not very cool at all :) )

That is kewl :p

And learning n instrument yourself i good in a way. It allows you to get past all the having to actually learn the concepts and reading music, and just lets you play.

I'm sure you can play alot of your own stuff or stuff you've taught yourself well by now.

I play guitar, but I play the alto saxophone even more.
Right now, I have a Squire electric, isn't the best but it works. For my Sax, I have a student model Jupiter that works quite fine. I'm planning on upgrading it when I get a job, hopfully a yanagisawa... but doughtful :p

Chris

Kage said:
That is kewl :p

And learning n instrument yourself i good in a way. It allows you to get past all the having to actually learn the concepts and reading music, and just lets you play.

I'm sure you can play alot of your own stuff or stuff you've taught yourself well by now.
Ahh, but I could read music and knew the concepts and stuff before I started to play as I'd been playing the euphonium (before I played Tuba) for about 5 years...

so it also means I know what the notations mean on music, and I think it' nicer to be able to pick up my guitar and get some new music and just play it on guitar than it is to have to use tabs, or worse, have to translate music to tabs, or rely on a program to do it for you...

Ive been self teaching myself for a year on guitar. I like the whole idea of self teaching, it lets you play whatever you want without the restrictions of a teacher telling you what to play and how to play it, though it will be better to learn from someone experienced It feels better knowing you taught yourself to do something. I would practice more, but i'm constantly on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom