return my xfx 7800gt ?

golfer07

In Runtime
ok i was just wondering your thoughts i have seen alot of people with better benchmarks with the evga 7800 gt and its only 20$ more and i get a free copy of quake 4. ALSO on this msi mobo theres a chip that lets the board know if its in sli or non sli mode and i was playing one day and the whole comptuer shut off and seen that the chip had poped on now i have been a lil dissapointed cuz i can only run fear on cpu high and card medium and somtimes high on a good day so coudl that have damaged my card ??

this evga card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130249

So I'm a little confused by what you're saying. Are you exchanging your 7800GT in for a new card? Because this doesn't really let me know...

i have seen alot of people with better benchmarks with the evga 7800 gt and its only 20$ more and i get a free copy of quake 4.

Does that mean you have a 7800GT, and are returning it, then buying a new one? Please verify what it is you're returning and what you plan on getting. :)

i think what hes saying is hes got an xfx 7800gt right now and he wants to take it back and get a evga 7800gt instead, honestly i think its your motherboard holding u back and not the card because that card should be able to run fear at max settings with no problems and what do u mean the chip popped out?

Ok, now I understand! Thanks for clarifying gaming_freak!

I do agree with the motherboard holding you back. What motherboard do you have? If you have an SLI motherboard, it could be that you stuck the 7800GT in the second PCI-Express slot, which would limit the card from 16x down to 8x. So maybe that's the problem.

Well when i first got my 7800's i had the same problem, what i did to fix this was flash each cards bios to the newest and my mobo bios to the newest, also get the newest nForce drivers. Well thats what help my problem hope it helps yours!

hmmm maybe i could get the evga with the free mobo instead then return my mobo for a refund. what about that idea the mobo is 130 that comes free with the evga v.c and its a evga mobo

The evga motherboard is pretty good. I got it free with my 7800gt adb havent had any problems with it. Although it dosent have as many overclocking features as the DFI's it is still a good board.

Back
Top Bottom