Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

Yes, I'm sure if you weave around the insults that there's good information in there! :D Oh well, I guess that despite what I think of Quinton, he does know a lot, and therfore you guys can learn form all that information. Plus when we bicker and fight, usually good information gets posted.

Hmmm...seeing as we don't have any stickies in this thread, maybe we could make this a sticky?

Quinton McLeod said:

You know what? I think you're right. I'm sorry. I must've been confused by this:
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/jan/10imac.html

Sorry :p

Right and the iMacs are useing the Duo which is their mobile processor. Do you really think that the Pentium D would fit in an iMac have you seen the cooling that come with the PD. So if i were apple it would probably make sense to put the Mobile Duo processor in my small desktop. That in reality out performs the PD

Good try though.

Quinton McLeod said:

I've had others from another forum check out this thread. They pretty much sum up everything we said.

You can check it out here:
http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

And yet again you're trying to start an arguement.

You say,

"I got into a debate with this guy named 133tDude3... Umm, he swears he knows everything about everything..."

Did I ever once say I knew everythign about the Pentim D, or the Pentium D XE series? No.

"I believe most of the people at computerforums.org are kids and really don't know much about PCs."

Actually most members do know quite a bit about PCs. Our guru members know a lot more then your average person, and we seem to have a high amoutn of guru members, therefore a lot of people who know a lot about PCs.

If you don't like the forum so much then just leave. As I said before, I'm more then likly no one will miss you. So what's stopping you from leaving?

As for my personal opinion, you kill to many good threads. You messed this one up by being an ass. You could have apporaoched the entire situation in an entirly different way. Which in turn makes me think think you're a hypocrit, because you claim this forum is immature and full of kids. Well, if you're "O'so mature," then why can't you walk away, or just plain leave?

We enjoy this community of people, we enjoy all the knowledge everyone brings to the table, wether that be small or large, we still acknowledge it. But you, you're a different story. You're the one who presents yourself as the, "All knowing computer God," or something well beyond that.

Just because you may have worked on some computers at Circuit City or weherever, does not make you any more knowledgable then the guy who reads about computers and computer componets.

All in all, if anyone in this forum has the immaturity or the problems, it's definetly you. Not anyone else. And yes, I do acknowledge the fact that I was probably wrong on several occasions within that arguement, but regardless, I still learned, and that's what it's all about: learning. To increase you knowledge of computers so that maybe one day you'll be able to help someone else out with a problem you may have faced. If you can't acknowledge that, then please do us all a favor, and leave. :)

1337DuD3 said:
And yet again you're trying to start an arguement.

You say,

Did I ever once say I knew everythign about the Pentim D, or the Pentium D XE series? No.

Actually most members do know quite a bit about PCs. Our guru members know a lot more then your average person, and we seem to have a high amoutn of guru members, therefore a lot of people who know a lot about PCs.

I've never debated that. There are a lot of intelligent people here. I do agree with that. Ownage (unknowningly to him), in which I respect a lot.

If you don't like the forum so much then just leave. As I said before, I'm more then likly no one will miss you. So what's stopping you from leaving?

As for my personal opinion, you kill to many good threads. You messed this one up by being an ass. You could have apporaoched the entire situation in an entirly different way. Which in turn makes me think think you're a hypocrit, because you claim this forum is immature and full of kids. Well, if you're "O'so mature," then why can't you walk away, or just plain leave?

Do you not realize? You are a child. You're much younger than 18.
Therefore, you're a kid. Most the people here are kids. It's a fact you can't get around. How would I know this forum is mostly kids? You should read the Off Topic forum more often.

I never said this forum was immature. In fact, that never crossed my lips. I said the people in Anandtech were mature. In mature, I mean collected. I'll further elucidate:

Maturity, by definition, is the stage of being fully developed. To be of age to know the complexities of any given situation or act. It doesn't has anything to do with someone's physical age at all.

The people there respond open mindedly, and very rarely result to insults like you do. So, in that respect, I asked them to read this post and give their honest professional opinions. Instead of bashing you, they pointed out your mistakes. Those mistakes they pointed out is what I wanted you to read.

This is not the only forum I talk in. I go to several. Most are computer and video game related. I joined this forum because I find it fun to debate with others.

We enjoy this community of people, we enjoy all the knowledge everyone brings to the table, wether that be small or large, we still acknowledge it. But you, you're a different story. You're the one who presents yourself as the, "All knowing computer God," or something well beyond that.

Just because you may have worked on some computers at Circuit City or weherever, does not make you any more knowledgable then the guy who reads about computers and computer componets.

This is true, but only to a degree. A person who reads books do become book smart. However, experience is the ultimate teacher. A person who has experience in building computers would know more precisely on how to fix a problem then a person who read about building a computer.

Humans work in patterns. With experience, you are forced to learn a special pattern made to help people. When reading a book, you could be made "aware" of that pattern, but you wouldn't necessarily understand the pattern. Experience speaks in many languages and words within only a few seconds. That's what makes experience over reading important. One of the reasons why you can't walk up to Nintendo or Sony (and Microsoft) and say, "Hey! I read a bunch of programming books! Let me in!"

All in all, if anyone in this forum has the immaturity or the problems, it's definetly you. Not anyone else. And yes, I do acknowledge the fact that I was probably wrong on several occasions within that arguement, but regardless, I still learned, and that's what it's all about: learning. To increase you knowledge of computers so that maybe one day you'll be able to help someone else out with a problem you may have faced. If you can't acknowledge that, then please do us all a favor, and leave. :)

That's the thing. You're not learning. You don't learn when you constantly shift blame on others. You don't learn when you insult people, and you most definately don't learn when you give false information and not admit your faults. You were wrong on several occassions. You never admited a single time. I've been wrong here many times. Each time, I've admitted and apologized.

I've never debated that. There are a lot of intelligent people here. I do agree with that. Ownage (unknowningly to him), in which I respect a lot.

Then why did you make the comment that most of the members don't know anythign about computers? Because most of the members do know a lot of things about computers.

Do you not realize? You are a child. You're much younger than 18.
Therefore, you're a kid. Most the people here are kids. It's a fact you can't get around. How would I know this forum is mostly kids? You should read the Off Topic forum more often.

Actually I'm not much younger then 18. I'm 17, yes I know, not exactly a high age, but it is rather close to 18. And besides, what's so special about being 18, aside fomr the fact that you're considered a legal adult and graduate high school? It's not liek you magically get a boost in maturity.

And the Off-Topic is a section for ALL members to goof around, make useless threads, and discuss anythign on their mind. Of course it's going to have stupid threads and immature posts! It's the off-topic area!

Humans work in patterns. With experience, you are forced to learn a special pattern made to help people. When reading a book, you could be made "aware" of that pattern, but you wouldn't necessarily understand the pattern. Experience speaks in many languages and words within only a few seconds. That's what makes experience over reading important. One of the reasons why you can't walk up to Nintendo or Sony (and Microsoft) and say, "Hey! I read a bunch of programming books! Let me in!"

Yes, experience is very good to have. But when ti comes to general knowledge, books can provide the same, and in some cases, more information.

That's the thing. You're not learning. You don't learn when you constantly shift blame on others. You don't learn when you insult people, and you most definately don't learn when you give false information and not admit your faults. You were wrong on several occassions. You never admited a single time. I've been wrong here many times. Each time, I've admitted and apologized.

Not learning? Yes, because you know everything that goes into my mind and everythign that gets processed right? Sure. I've learned a lot form this thread, I've learned a lot of things about AMD and intel CPUs alike. So don't even for a second say, "YOu're not learning." Because I am learning, I liek learning. Knowledge is power.

And what do you mean, "You've been wrong on several occasions. you never admitted a single time?" Incase you failed to notice, I shall point out that I was wrong, and even pointed out the fact that I had learned!

1337DuD3 said:
I do acknowledge the fact that I was probably wrong on several occasions within that arguement, but regardless, I still learned,

So don't say I didn't admit I was wrong, because I did right there.

This topic is rather dead. There's no returnign to the Pentium D vs Athelon 64 X2 topic. With all the arguing it's basically over. Might as well start an entirly new thread on this topic. :(

Back
Top Bottom