Networking Question

HDRoadKing02

Solid State Member
Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area.

But I've been trying to find out some information w/o any luck.

Here's my deal:

My cousin owns his own business, he now has 2 computers. He's wanting to get rid of one of the computers, but be able to keep the monitor/keyboard and mouse.

He has one in the front of his shop and one in the back. He's wanting to hook the monitor/keyboard and mouse from the one in the back into the one in the front that way he can key in information, billing, and inventory either in the front of his shop or in the back.

I know you can hook 2 monitors up w/ a dual video card, but how do you get a 60 foot cable? Can you make one? if so, how? or what's the best route?

It's about 60 feet from his front office to the computer in the back. That's including running around walls, ceiling tiles, etc.

I'm illiterate when it comes to networking, but I'm learning.

Anyways, what's the best way to run cables or whatever from the back to the front so he can have 2 monitors hooked up w/ 2 keyboards and 2 mouses to his computer in his main office. He wants to do away w/ the computer in the back, just use the monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

He won't be using them both at the same time. Either one or the other, but again like I said, I'm not having any luck finding a way to do this.

I hope I explained this to where you all can understand it. If not, I'll try to explain it more/better.

Thanks alot for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

:D

Finally!! Thanks alot, I greatly appreciate this. Looks exactly like what I'm looking for, thanks for taking the time to help out.

Back
Top Bottom