Question on Pentium 3

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
I have a 600mhz slot 1 pentium 3 processor. I was wondering if i can go any higher in a processor that my mobo allows. I have a dell dimension xps t600r. can some1 plz help me.

shagadelicman1 said:
I have a 600mhz slot 1 pentium 3 processor. I was wondering if i can go any higher in a processor that my mobo allows. I have a dell dimension xps t600r. can some1 plz help me.

Sure... Hopefully you can find a Slot 1 processor. You're better off buying a new PC :/

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Yeah, if you are tight on cash. An emachines is a good alternative.

LOL, why do you advertise emachines 24/7 are you like some spy from emachines? ..... no offence mate it's just weird.

HELPME! said:
LOL, why do you advertise emachines 24/7 are you like some spy from emachines? ..... no offence mate it's just weird.

Actually, he perfers Dells.

In anycase, Arrizx doesn't know much about the PC market, so it's natural for him to suggest computers from really bad names such as Emachines.

I would perfer HP/Compaq over Emachines. They cost roughly the same with the exception that HP/Compaq has higher quality parts.

thanks for all the great info. but idk how big of a processor my motherboard supports. I have a intel seattle se440bx. right now i have a pentium 3 slot 1 running at 600 mhz. i want to go to a ghz. I have another computer i am workin on, but i want to max this system out. considering the dirt cheap prices on some processors i like/want. thanks everyone

Well, I found old Pentium III's on Pricewatched clocked at 1.1GHz, so maybe try digging osmehtign up from there.

Quinton McLeod said:

I would perfer HP/Compaq over Emachines. They cost roughly the same with the exception that HP/Compaq has higher quality parts.

:)

HP will be having some sales, so check it out.

Don't expect that much of an upgrade to be availible. The 440BX chipset only supports a maximum of 100MHz FSB. Pentium 3's soon went to the 133MHz FSB at around 600-700MHz time. Ontop of that the Slot one varietys are hard to come by now.

The best thing that you could perhaps get is an old 1.4GHz Celeron on the old SKT370 platform if its availible and get a convertor for it. The difference might not be that huge though and really, your better looking at getting a new mobo/CPU setup, if not a new machine.

Back
Top Bottom