Enable Video Card

NorthPilot06

Beta member
Hey guys,

I have a quick question for you. I don't know what they did @ bestbuy when they put in my GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB. I mean it works fine, but I'm trying to add a second monitor and I don't have one that plugs into the DVI-I port, so I'm trying to use the integrated video "card" on my motherboard. However, when I plug in a monitor to the slot, nothing happens (the screen just stays in standby). How can I re-activate my integrated video card? Thanks in advance. :p

You need to go into the Bio's and change the settings. I think to enable the integrated video, you need to disable the agp, or pci-ex slots.

But then he won't be able to use his 6800GT. You can get VGA to DVI adapters for a few bucks, and they usually come with video cards, anyways... Are you sure that it didn't come with your card?

Yeah Jamxx is right, it'll stop your new card from working doing that.
and yes, a DVI to VGA adapter should have come with your card... Should only be cheap though.

Only thing nthat annoys me though is it makes the connector a bit wriggly, since its added more weight and length, which is a worry if your connectors won't screw in properly like there meant to.

Back
Top Bottom