Having problems with window not letting me Upload my monitor driver

mysticarcangel

Beta member
Long story short.. My hardrive died.. Replace it.. Have a ati 9600 card that is givig me problems as well.. But i have a crt samsung 997 monitor trying to setup the driver with the disc that came with it.. called syncmaster.. Everytime i go to setup it comes up a M/DRIVER NAME ERROR.. everytime.. i can't get it to work.. i'm tryed loading it up from the cd rom.. I've tryed in the update driver in device manager.. I never had this problem last time i had to dump my computer.. i have all 4 service packs for win 2000. i have a asus p4p800-vm motherboad.. I wish it would just work.. Need advice asap if you all can thanks..

Is the error coming from the CD or the device itself?

If it comes from the CD, you must get a new one.

If not, uninstall the device, by going to the device name in device manager and right click on the device. Rebooting will reinstall the device so that you can try the update again.

If there is still a problem, click on start...run [font=&quot]SFC /SCANNOW (note the space)
you will need the xp CD to do this. this checks all devices to make sure they are working.

C how it goes... good luck

as a final step id do (which shld not be necessary) is to scandisk your computer.
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom