3 seconds between video lag.. help plz

Olivjewce

Beta member
I have an HP with a:
3400+
1GB (2x512)
850xt radeon

so its not a bad comp. I play EQ2 on high quality n can play almost any game, but recently ive gotten this problem where i lose a couple frames that seem like laaag. nowmatter what im doing... say i drag a window on my desktop. that window will freeze for like 1 frame every 3 seconds on the dot.... im guessing im overheated or ram is bad or processor. the video card still plays games excellent but i get that 1 frame lost and its very annoying... :confused: :confused: :confused: thx for any advice.

I dont have a case that will show the temps of my computer. i do have everything up to date i think. atleast the radeon drivers and windows.

Hmm, in that case, its not what I was going to suggest, which was maybe the fact you weren't running the right video drivers (for example using the default VGA ones).

I'm sure I have had this type of problem before though, and this used to happen once every month or so for no reason what so ever.

I fixed it by running System Restore, and restoring to an earlier date, so if you have a recent back-up (won't delete anything), I would try that. Even going back a day fixed it for me, so have no idea what caused it.

Hope this helps though. Its worth a try :)

I had a problem where when I tried to open my hard drive (from my computer) it froze for like 5 seconds.

I ran disk defrag and it fixed it.

well i fixed the problem sorta.... my comp runs smoooooooooooth now. all I did is turned it off while i was at work. i guess i need to get some bitchin fans....

Hehe, overheatings something I dont like to mention to people with a problem. It seems like the easiest thing that could possibly be wrong, but when it is, its as simple as that :p

YOUR KILLING IT :eek:

ya comps will slow down if they overheat and also u dont need a case that tells u the temps a program will do that, i think everest will be accurate enough just google it and u'll find it since the company that made it now charges for it but u should still be able to find somewhere to download it from, now about some better fans make sure u have some fans sucking air in and some blowing out, the best setup seems to have one at the front sucking air in and one at the back sucking air out so make sure u have that also a better heatsink for ur cpu, anything from zalman will do and even better if its all copper

Gaming Freak, hehe, for a site thats not supposed to have text talk, you sure do talk alot of it. I only just noticed since I can read text talk as good as I can read standard so it just passes over me.

and yeah, thats good. Also better is if your case supports 120mm fans, and alot of cases do now, and some of old might support 1 at least, and these spin alot slower, use alot less power, but still cool down more.

Zalman I've heard are also very good, and as its been slowing down, its your processor that needs the most cooling at the moment I think.

Fans though for the case will only cost you a few quid (about $4) for each one, and will help transport heat alot better.

Even if you had a great CPU fan like a Zalman, without appropiate cooling everywhere else, the heats still going to stay in.

lol kage i cant help the "text talk" to much msn :p, but back to the topic kage is right its vital that u have an intake and outake fan otherwise all that hot air is just gona sit in there and the fans are super cheap so get as many as u can fit in there, "quid"? im english to :D

Back
Top Bottom