only 1.0 processor on 4200+????

palladin the II

Baseband Member
I installed a 700x into my computer and games i was running before installation wont work b/c they say processor is only 1.0....i have a 4200 dual core processor??? obviously something is wrong with video card and computer...its a hewlett packard media center; the new one....aany thoughts?

figured it out...had to update driver...rookie mistake.

You guys think 300 wat poer supply is enough for 700x or do i need 400? i have 400, but its a pain b/c have to move all this stuff around....

now, when i tried to play AOE III it said that i couldnt b/c processor is less than 1.4??? i have dual core i got 6 days ago? what is going on? will new power supply help?

why would putting in a new graphics card say that my processor is 1.0? darn. had to put 300x radeon back in. any help here? thanks. i was so happy to get 700x, now i sad.

ok, well the BIOS is like a control center for your computer. You can normally access it on startup by pressing the delete key or possibly one of the function keys (try delete first). I was going to suggest changing the FSB but seeing as you're not sure about the BIOS i wont recommend you changing any settings in there just yet. Maybe just let me know if you can get into the BIOS first.

And yeah i really have no clue why it would change your processor speed, seems strange to me.

do you think i messed up the computer? seeing as though i only have 300 watts psu? i had video card in for about 3 hours. The box for the 800 said 300w was enough so i figured it was enough for the 700. what would bios do? shouldnt i be able to just put in new graphics card and call it a day? thanks again.

p.s...i put 300 graphics card in and now it says 2.2 processor speed!

its very likely that u need a bios update since u just moved to dual core, if u dont know how to do that or what im even talking about lol then just google it and there will be plenty of info on it

its a helett packard media center.

but, i went into BIOS and the video adapter was set to PCI not PCI-E?!?! why would HP do this? no normal human being knows how to do that? hmmm...any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom