Pentium D vs Athlon 64 X2

It really depends what you need. If you already have the Athlon X2, then keep it. No need to switch, unless you're desperate to see how Intel performs or if you're waiting for AM2. If you're a overclocking enthusiast, Intel is the way to go. You can get some insane clocks with Intel processors.

What a tough decision though. Have you considered getting the new Intel CPU? I figured since we're always upgrading, might as well go for it. Just for the hell of it. I may consider my next build to be Intel. It will break my streak because all my life, all my build have been with AMD. Then after the Intel build, I'll build using the new AMDs again. Sounds like a plan, huh?

Haha, I get what you mean...you can't really judge everything until you've tried it. I'm going to keep my system for now and I might upgrade when AM2 comes out. Heck, I might just wait for Kentsfield or Whitesfield. 65nm of pure quad-core happiness. :D

i understand that inte lis currently caught up or surpassed amd in the dual cores...but we are comparing cpu's taht weren't released even in the same quarter, so lets just wait for the new amd's even though they are still am2 to get a good idea of how amds new dual cores will be like. Think of it as a rewrite. Amd got an a on the intial test, the first pentiums d's got a B but rewrote and got a A and hopefully amd will rewrite and get an A+ and a fully paid scholarship t othe school of overclocking. I do too many drugs, excuse this analogy.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, I was going to say that. The cost of Intel chips really came down in price. Remeber how they use to be the priciest processors on the market? I was looking at the new Presler Pentium D and was like blown away at how "cheap" they were compared to the X2's.

It's just because AMD owns most of the computer consumer income, regardless of their processor's certain advantages. It's not about how much you control, it's about what you control.

I've been hearing so much incorrect information here that it's not even funny.

One guy said that the Presler was cheaper than the 4800+ (not the case)
Another guy said the Presler outperforms all of AMD's processors currently available (Not the case)

Then another person saying that Intel has surpassed AMD in Dual Core processors... (Wrong).

I feel kinda sorry for the guy who's confused about which processor to get.

Quinton McLeod said:

The "Intel Duo" is another name for their Double Core processors. Presler would be an Intel Duo model.

The intel Duo is Intels dual core for Laptops it is a moble processor. They are NOT the same as the Intel Pentium D

Back
Top Bottom