Best Programs for Security?

karling07

Daemon Poster
In your opinion, what software out there is best for securing your computer for the 3 following categories:

Virus (Scanning/Protection)
Firewall
Spyware/Adware (Scanning/Protection)

Currently, I'm running AVG Free Virus Scanner, ZoneAlarm Free, and Adaware Personal

So I think any upgrade from those would be nice :p And I'm willing to pay

Also: if your reccommendation for one category also includes good software for another, then please make that clear. It would be kinda annoying to have two spyware scanners running at once or something :D And lastly, I'd just like something that DOESNT slow the computer down like all hell

Thankkks!

Here's what I'm using:

Virus=====================> Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 10
Firewall===================> Norton Firewall 2005
Spyware/Adware============> Microsoft Antispyware/Counterspy

Here is what i use or recommend:

Virus: AVG Free Edition and AntiVir Personal Edition
Firewall: Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm Pro
Spyware/Adware: Ad Aware, Spybot Search And Destroy and Microsoft Anti Spyware

By the way TRDCorolla, what's Counterspy ? Is it good ? I've never really tried it.

Hmm ... evaluation, it doesn't sound appealing to me any more. :)
Anyways, i might give it a go later. I really do have to question why Microsoft Anti Spyware was placed 2nd by PC World though, Ad Aware and Spybot Search And Destroy both do much better jobs. Oh well, it was in the old issue and times have definately changed. :)

That's why there's *cough* P2P, eh hmmm oh boy, got a hair ball in my throat.

The rating was in an older poll by PC World, so maybe the new ones have changed a bit. But once you use COunterspy, you'll see why they are so good.

for virus protection and firewall i use mcafee and it hasnt let me down yet and for spyware i use spybot, adaware and spyware blaster

Back
Top Bottom