Whats the differance?

kev

In Runtime
What is the differance and which one is better between the AMD Clawhammer chip and the AMD San Dego?

The AMD Clawhammer is S754 and it's and older Athlon 64 build

The best one is AMD San Diego S939 which is the latest S939

Apparently clawhammer is available for socket939 cause thats what CPU-Z says mine is. But yeah clawhammer cores are 0.13 micron and the newer San Diego and Venice cores are 0.09 micron. It's better to have a the 0.09 core, although it isn't that much better than the 0.13.

Clawhammer was used for Socket 754 and Socket 939 back in the old days when the very first Athlon 64's came out. Perfect museum quality.

San Diego is the newest core available. They are designed for Socket 939 and uses an enhanced memory controller compared to that in the old Clawhammer. San Diego also uses a smaller manufacturing process of 90nm instead of Clawhammer's 130nm for a faster and efficient chip.

Ahh i see. The San Dego chips are a little cheaper then then clawhammers to haha.

Is the Socket 940 the newist from AMD??? Or is it older then 939? So far i can only find opteron for Socket 940s and only 1 Foxcon motherboard.

Socket 940 is older technology, it was a weird introduction that didnt last very long. Socket AM2 would be the newest technology that's just in the first phases of becoming available.

Oh ok good because theres a lot more to choose from with socket 939. That weird that they went down a number.

Back
Top Bottom