Norton Ghost

karling07

Daemon Poster
I just got Norton Ghost 2005 (v9.0) and was wondering if it will let me just make backup DVDs of my computer in its current working state without specified folders ? And then, if my comp ever crashes I can load those DVDs right up and it will restore it EXACTLY as it was in this state?

Thanks

07mackenzie said:
I just got Norton Ghost 2005 (v9.0) and was wondering if it will let me just make backup DVDs of my computer in its current working state without specified folders ? And then, if my comp ever crashes I can load those DVDs right up and it will restore it EXACTLY as it was in this state?
Thanks

Norton Ghost 9.0 said:
CD-RW/DVD-RW
When you save a backup image to removable media, the files will automatically be split into the correct sizes if the backup spans more than one media.
This option is not available with scheduled backup jobs.

Yes, but it obviously has to be a manual backup (ghost backup image). I use Ghost all the time and store it to an external hard drive. Works great this way and allows automatic backup images and allows you to save several backups before deleting any, just in case something is wiped out and you didn't realize it.

Back
Top Bottom