Computer Not Letting Me Log In

tk26

Solid State Member
Ok guys well I have a problem with my desktop - OS -Windows XP, I cannot log in. This is what happens everything loads fine and then it takes me to the blue Welcome screen and when I go to log into our only account that is not password protected, I click on the account and it appears to be logging in, my desktop image flashes for a second and then it takes me back to the Welcome screen as if i have logged out and under the account name it says "logging out" and "saving changes" then after this is done when try I and log in it just repeats the previous process, logging me in for a second then logging me out. Can anyone help me to log in and fix this problem?

Any and all help would be much appreciated
Thanks

reinstall Windows XP. There seems to be a problem with Windows Activation or WPAevents

lsass.exe and winlogon.exe can force a logout as well. That being said many viruses attack these processes

let us know what it does in safe mode, and if it lets you in do an A/V scan before we start to look at an OS screw up

ok well i tried logging in, in safe mode under the administrator log in which for some reason had a password that i didnt know but after a few attempts found it and the password was "password." Ok well I try and log in under safe mode and in the administrator log in but it does the same thing a black screen (background/desktop picutre) flashes for a second i couldn't really see waht it says clearly but at the top left it says something about being in windows safe mode, then it takes me back to the welcome/log in screen and it says logging out and saving changes just as if i were to log in normally.

What do i need to do in order to resinstall windows XP, if i do this will i need to reload all my other programs? Would it be best to just erase my hard drive and reinstall everything?

ugh i'd rather troubleshoot then reinstall windows. But if you really want to head down that track try a repair 1st.

what do you mean by troubleshoot and how can I do it cause im not even able to log in

Boot the system using the Windows XP CD-ROM. In the first screen when the Setup begins, read the instructions press "R" (in the first screen) enter the Recovery Console. Type-in the built-in Administrator password to enter the Console. You'll see the prompt reading C:\Windows (Or any other drive-letter where you've installed XP)

Type the following command and press Enter.

CD SYSTEM32
(If that does not work, try CHDIR SYSTEM32)

COPY USERINIT.EXE WSAUPDATER.EXE

Quit Recovery Console by typing EXIT and restart Windows

Have you removed any spyware latetly??

if it still happens we'll move from here. Just cause you can't login doesn't mean we can't find out why it is happening and fix it.

thanks alot for the help but my dad is going to be bring it to one of his friends to get worked on, but thank for the help

No problem, when you do finally get it fixed come back and let us all know what it really was.

Back
Top Bottom