There's a basketball icon with corrupt characters on my task switcher.

You can rarely get rid of problems on windows without reformatting. If you really want to fix it and spend a few hours, or even days, and (if you are a smoker like my dad was), buy a few packs. Anyways, all I can suggest is Spybot

I'm a hardware guy... so there may be easier ways to fix windows, but I usually go through one windows installation per every few months or so. I'd like to get a recorder for my computer so I can point out all the windows glitched.

For example, every time I have the iTunes window open and I log off of Steam, the iTunes goes into ceasure mode and starts blinking rapidly for maybe 5 seconds. This bothers me. :(

lol thats weird i dont have many problems with windows so i rarely reformat but reformatting once every 6 months is a good idea, if i were u silent steps i would just back up everything up and reformat since it solves all software related problems and when u reinstall install spyware blaster and spybot right after ur anti virus and those will help prevent any spyware also use firefox right away which will help a lot

you may be infected by spyware you may have an instaslled p2p filingh sharing on your pc and most of these com with spyware

HRHunteRHR said:
You can rarely get rid of problems on windows without reformatting. If you really want to fix it and spend a few hours, or even days, and (if you are a smoker like my dad was), buy a few packs. Anyways, all I can suggest is Spybot

I'm a hardware guy... so there may be easier ways to fix windows, but I usually go through one windows installation per every few months or so. I'd like to get a recorder for my computer so I can point out all the windows glitched.

For example, every time I have the iTunes window open and I log off of Steam, the iTunes goes into ceasure mode and starts blinking rapidly for maybe 5 seconds. This bothers me. :(

Uum I dont agree with that. With alot of problems is can be something really simple, and easy to do, maybe a couple of hours on the job, but if a problem is in windows does not necessarily mean you HAVE to reformat, most if not all problems can be fixed if you think carefully and do the right things.

But yeah boot into safe, do a few scans, go on run hijackthis and use hijackthis.de, use panda online scan as well, detects things some scanners cant. post back

Back
Top Bottom