I'm Such A Rebel!! Sorry Bill Gates.....

connchri

Daemon Poster
Hey folks, long time since my last post.

Well, I got rid of my main rig ages ago, coz I needed somthing more portable.

What did I get?

A Dell? HP? IBM? Nope

I needed somthing portable, and with a half decent battery life. OS doesn't bother me, they all do the same thing except from when it comes from games.

So, the only thing that was in my price bracket, portable and suited to Uni work was a iBook. So, I've just plugged it in no more that 40mins ago and I'm writing this 1st post on it. So far, I'm actually impressed. I got a good discount too for being a student.

So, now to change my CF Sig.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan boy of anysort, but we'll see what the next few weeks has in store with it.

1337DuD3 said:
You should reformat it and put Linux on it. Then you'd be a true rebel!

LOL, thats what I told Delta as soon as I got it. Need to wait till I get to my Uni though, there Internet is unbelievably fast.

I'll try Fedora Core 4, I've used that before and think it's the most 'integrated/complete' distribution.

I use Fedora Core 4. It's really nice.

haha I just can't help but laugh when I think of Linux on a Mac, along with an intel cip. Man, now that's truly being an individual! :D

I think I've seen that particular laptop. Isn't it white in color? It's pretty small and thin at the same time. A lot of people in my class have those and use it to transcribe lecture notes. Damn, they type fast.

You absolute heathen, the fires be stoked in Hell for you... :D

Only joking, I've never seen anybody running Linux on a Mac (it's true, I've never seen it myself, just on PCs), but good luck!

1337DuD3 said:
You should reformat it and put Linux on it. Then you'd be a true rebel!

Well you could go with a good Debian install and run it without a GUI like KDE, then you'd be a SUPER rebel. Such a nice comp, yet it's all text based..... It makes me cringe!

But if you want a nice one go with a Gentoo install... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom