so.

gmt

Baseband Member
for those of you who were there when i made my first thread, about me making a first computer, i'm finally placing my order. i changed some of the components, and i'm going to place my order some time this week. anyway, i'm going to order

Xandros Surfside Linux.. is this is a good operating system if you are use to windows XP and want to start programming and maybe hacking?

Ermm excuse me. This is in no way a hacking thread. Please dont ask us about whether is it a good OS for hacking. Linux is nothing like XP so if you dont know what your doing. Its more for techie's. There is a stripped down XP but Im not going into it.

joxley1990 said:
Ermm excuse me. This is in no way a hacking thread. Please dont ask us about whether is it a good OS for hacking. Linux is nothing like XP so if you dont know what your doing. Its more for techie's. There is a stripped down XP but Im not going into it.

it's my understanding that programming and hacking complement eachother, and
both help understand computers better. so don't come into this thread acting like some computerforums.org "bouncer" you can take that somewhere else.

PS excuse you

I've always wondered, what's the difference between a hacker and a cracker?

Cos in my younger days when I wanted to learn that stuff people always said that there's a difference.

Lac3y said:
I've always wondered, what's the difference between a hacker and a cracker?

Cos in my younger days when I wanted to learn that stuff people always said that there's a difference.
Hacking is breaking in to a computer system. Cracking is breaking in to a program eg creating a key gen to avoid paying for software.

Back
Top Bottom