Help! with laptop screen resolution

vi3t__dragon

Beta member
Hey people. I need help getting this to work. i have a sony vaio laptop that has a 16:9 widescreen screen. But when i just installed Windows XP 5 minutes ago it shows a small small screen that is a boxed shape...as if its like a regular monitor. i want it to fit the whole screen so that there is no empty black spaces on the left-right sections.

ok well i hope u didnt just come on here right away because the first thing u should do is install your anti virus then spyware protection and so on, anyways try installing all the drivers and it should fix itself i think

lol. yeah i already installed an anti-virus software and spyware and everything...but only problem is the screen. i dont have any drivers for it. i got the laptop from my uncle. its used and stuff....I just got the laptop with an ac adaptor...so im in need of something to set the resolution.

well find out what brand and model the laptop is and check the manufacturers website for the drivers

vi3t__dragon said:
lol. yeah i already installed an anti-virus software and spyware and everything...but only problem is the screen. i dont have any drivers for it. i got the laptop from my uncle. its used and stuff....I just got the laptop with an ac adaptor...so im in need of something to set the resolution.

You should be able to find the drivers online. "sony vaio what ever the type"+drivers.

Yeah, it'll be because it is using the default windows display drivers that are stuck at a low resoloution.

I've gone onto the Sony site though, and only found drivers for laptop versions past PCG-505. There seems to be no 141 listed anywhere :(

Haven't you got any idea what video card it contains? Like maybe it says it at start-up?

ok lets make this easy for you:

reinstall xp= no drivers so i think what weve already established is that you need install your drviers again.

the reason your screen is tiny and box shaped is becuase there are no grpahics card drivers installed

there are several ways to find out your graphics card, but i would first try and find your "model/serial" number of your laptop (usually located at the bottem of the laptop) then post it

he did:

the model number is PCG-141....

its not listed on the Sony site, and I've tried looking in Google...

ja..was just about to edit post after looking

kk try finding out about all the hardware you have by:

Start> run> "Dxdiag" have a look see if you can find any information about the hardware listed, go to the "display" tab see what type of gfx card you have and try and match it to one of the sony laptops.....

Back
Top Bottom