Building my computer beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really need to learn to say
I am.
Its not Am
Its I am.
Wow. A 77 year old man who is into computers???Dayummmmm.

Im just gonna maybe step out of line here and point out the fact that this kid does not seem at all serious about a new computer. He has quite consistently shown that he is not entirely read what people are telling him and then making arrogant remarks like "ATI owns all" and other pointless immature comments like "stop teasing me" when all we're doing is using constructive criticism to help him out. As well, we have asked that he give us an idea of what tasks he wants to use the computer for and other bits of similar information so we can get a better idea of what to suggest and yet this thread has gone on for 7 pages and seems to be going no where. I'm gonna say that you do need help "dude" but not from us.

Am in Australia and most of the sites am searching seem to be for the US and shipping only to the US, But luckily not all.

HELPME! said:
Arghhh! descions,descions.
I have changed my mind and gone with the site above.
Is this system any good?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz 512KB HyperTransport

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu CPU Cooler

MotherBoard: ASUS A8N-E - mainboard - ATX - nForce4 Ultra

Mermory
: 2 x 512MB OCZ gold PC3200 400MHz DDR

Video Card
: eVGA nVidia 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express ( 2xDVI )

Case: CoolerMaster Mid Tower CAC-T05

5.25" Drive Bay
: Samsung 16x IDE DVD-ROM BLK & Sony 16x DVD+/-RW D-Layer BLK

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 - hard drive - 300 GB - SATA-150

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music - sound card

Mointer: Sony PREMIERPRO SDM-P234/B - flat panel display - TFT - 23"

Speakers
: Logitech X 230 - PC multimedia speaker system

Keyboard/Mosue : Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite - keyboard , mouse

O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP2

All this for ...... *DRUM ROLL*
:eek: $2,375.00 :eek:

Please tell me if i should change anything. This should be my final system ;)
the only thing i changed was the ram and u seriously do not need a 23" monitor, just get a 19" LCD with 8ms or less response time and u'll be more than happy also u might wana get a sata2 hard drive as its twice as fast as the one uve chosen, now just make this your final decision because it will work fine and it will be more than enough to play any game so stop changing your mind and start listening to the people!

Yes, That site is a US site so it MIGHT be in US currency which is about 2-3x more than the Australian currency. But that's only a MIGHT be ...... I've sent an email asking if they will ship it to Australia but will be unlikely (Still waiting for email) If so am doomed and out of choices but just to BUILD IT MYSELF :confused:

If you know any decent gaming pc sites please tell me :(

HELPME! said:
Yes, That site is a US site so it MIGHT be in US currency which is about 2-3x more than the Australian currency. But that's only a MIGHT be ...... I've sent an email asking if they will ship it to Australia but will be unlikely (Still waiting for email) If so am doomed and out of choices but just to BUILD IT MYSELF :confused:

If you know any decent gaming pc sites please tell me :(
australia banned grand theft auto, no gaming pc for you.
seriously just get an alienware and stop searching. you wont be able to build a comp on your own, its better to "read" about it first at least, instead of jumping into building.

actually after all this i have to agree with zaki, from what i can see i have to say ur not nearly capable of building a comp let alone ordering one i mean look were on the 7th page of this thread! so just order an alienware and u'll be happy

Sorry guys if am getting you annoyed, I AM (SEE DID I DO IT CORRECTLY LOL :p) trying to take my time.

HELPME! said:
Sorry guys if am getting you annoyed, I AM (SEE DID I DO IT CORRECTLY LOL :p) trying to take my time.
how about waiting a few years then untill you can really be able to build and maintain a comp, right now just get a mid-range computer and enjoy it, tweak it as you knowledge increases. going from 0-60 so quickly is bound to get you in trouble. and dont waste your parents money, video games are a lot cheaper on consoles.

bill gisse said:
I think you lack the confidence needed to undertake building a hight tech PC like your talking about. If anyone here on loine is going to help you, they will need the operating parameters of what you want and what you want to use it for. Whats the name brand and model of what you are using now and has it been upgraded and if so what are the upgrades. If your plans are to use a 98 year PC for an upgrade base you havent got much to salvage. Are you interested in INtel or AMD CPU's. Both are good but in the next two years there will probaly be many major changes. If you are serious, have the money and a supportative parent I recommend you find a nearby PC club together with your parents have a couple three meetings with some one with building smarts. If you aren't very careful you'll wind up woth and expensive box of junk. Have you got a good source of supply that stands behind there products and supptort peaple that aren't just after you money. I'm 77 and building a PC with a AMD ATHLON 64X2 3800+ on a non-sli mother board. Everything went well until I bent two pins On the CPU ( $325) . Waiting now to see if AMD will help me with warranty. I've been in electronics for over 50 years ( retired in 88) and still I get very nervous putting stuff together. If you decide to do tbis, read everything three times , put it aside for a few days and then read it a couple times more. If you have doubts get help and not from some like yourself. Good luck.

P.S. I had a lot of help frm my 13 year old grandson, his nerves and eyes are much better than mine. He fiddles with remote control cars ( gas and electric) for a hobby and is slowly getting into the PC bussiness as learns and understands more about how they work. When you can pull the side off a PC and in your mind see what the various sub asseblies are doing you are on your way. Again Good Luck.
77?, curses, you've knocked me off the top spot as oldest member!! I'm "only" 75 [lol], we should chat, please PM me
angry2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom