Next Gen Games: Memory

2GB is a great investment for FEAR and BF2. Once FEAR or BF2 start going into your paging file, your FPS go down to 1 or 2. Its bad, really bad. And i can point you in the right direction for getting 2GB of RAM. Some recommended makers are G.Skill with their DDR500 HZ (Samsung UCCC), OCZ Gold DDR500 (Samsung UCCC), and Crucial Ballistix DDR500 (Micron -5B D). Now, you may be asking: "How come corsair isnt on that list?" To answer your question, Corsair is in my books, a trusted and good maker of RAM. Its just the fact that their DDR line isnt performing very well lately and its someting that should be avoided. Their 2x1GB line of RAM is horrible. Apparently Micron is doing very well in DDR and DDR2 with their Ballistix and Corsair 5400UL (Micron D9 chips). So Corsair is the way to go for DDR2, not DDR.

I also thought I'd add that overclocking 1GB of RAM is not doing anything as far as making it like 2GBs of RAM. To use 1337's analogy with the Uhaul trucks, overclocking is like making the trucks go faster but they can still only carry so much and that amount will be unchanged.

very nicely put. Crucial Ballistix DDR500 2x1GB kit can go up to DDR600 just like TCCDs. with 3-4-4-x timings. Talk about fast :D

Back
Top Bottom