Building my computer beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a personal opinon, but wireless miec and keyboards are unnesccary(sp?)Mice are the worst. They always seem to run out at the worst times and arent really necsscary(sp?) Wireless keyboards are ok wireless. They dont die out as quick but if they do, you will notice. you will have to JAM the keyboards to type lol. Id recomend a wired optical PS/2 mouse and keyboard. Dont get usb wired mice and keyboards for 3 reasons.
1. They waste usb ports
2. I hear PS/2 are better.
3. Getting wireless will cause u to spend more money on batteries.

If you do want a wireless mouse, I would recommend Logitech's new 2000 DPI wireless mouse. It's rechargable battery lasts 3.5 days of use, or so it says, and it comes with two of them, so if one dies while playing, it can quickly be replaced. Also, they are supposed to last forever, and not die like other rechargeable batteries.

No thanks dude i really want a wireless, Wires are so annoying, I dont mind if i spend a bit of money for batteries ;)

So what do you think? Good price? Good components?
If so, am going to show it to my dad AND IT WILL BE SHIPPING TO ME :D
......... and this thread will be over lol ..... -.-"

These are the keyboard/mouses am choosing from:

Chicony BLK PS/2 104KEY KYBD

Microsoft Basic Black Value Pack keyboard , mouse

Microsoft Black Value Pack keyboard , mouse

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite - keyboard , mouse

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Pro 2.0 - keyboard , mouse

Logitech Media Keyboard Elite - keyboard

Logitech Cordless Comfort Duo - keyboard , mouse

Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 700 - keyboard , mouse

Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop - keyboard, keypad , mouse

Logitech diNovo Media Desktop Laser - keyboard, keypad , mouse

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical - mouse

Logitech MX 310 Optical Mouse - mouse

Logitech MX 510 Performance Optical Mouse - mouse

Logitech MX 510 Performance Optical Mouse - mouse

Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse - mouse

Logitech MX 1000 - mouse

Logitech Trackman Wheel - trackball

Logitech Cordless TrackMan Optical - trackball

Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel - trackball

I reallly think u are getting a good deal. The processor is so-so. Well it could be better but i dont want you to go in a crazy mayhem of what you want and stuff so all these parts are fine and u my friend are getting one whole of a pc and are getting A MUCH better deal then a stupid dell. Good luck building! ;) Plus, get a batter recharger. It will save you money by not having to keep buying batteries. Just make sure u have a spare pair thats recharged so when your 1st one dies, switch it wit the other pair and recharge the one that died and when the current pair dies replace it and repeatt....and repeat...and repeat...u get the idea :p

EDIT: I think you should buy a mouse and keyboard at the store, this way you can see how it feels and if its comfy or not. Anyone who spends 40 or more on a keyboard or mouse i think is stupid, lol :) .They dont need to have huge amounts of money but into them. But DONT get a wheel mouse. You will have to clean it and make sure it doesnt get stuck. So opticals are better!

How much they charge for the AMD X2 on the site i would recomend going for the X2 called Dual Core Processors as the word says it two processors working together right now gaming dosent support dual core they only read 1 but right know 1 processor can be used for runing al those background programs like Antivirus and stuff, i read the thread your budget is 3 grand right it doesent hurt to spend a little more. Oh one more thing dont go for wireless i had one i changed the batteries each week its a lot of money on batteries and if ur on CS source it better to get aone with cord for for the Logitech MX 510 series and if u really want wireless go for the one that charges battery but its gonna cost you like 100$

bill gisse said:
I think you lack the confidence needed to undertake building a hight tech PC like your talking about. If anyone here on loine is going to help you, they will need the operating parameters of what you want and what you want to use it for. Whats the name brand and model of what you are using now and has it been upgraded and if so what are the upgrades. If your plans are to use a 98 year PC for an upgrade base you havent got much to salvage. Are you interested in INtel or AMD CPU's. Both are good but in the next two years there will probaly be many major changes. If you are serious, have the money and a supportative parent I recommend you find a nearby PC club together with your parents have a couple three meetings with some one with building smarts. If you aren't very careful you'll wind up woth and expensive box of junk. Have you got a good source of supply that stands behind there products and supptort peaple that aren't just after you money. I'm 77 and building a PC with a AMD ATHLON 64X2 3800+ on a non-sli mother board. Everything went well until I bent two pins On the CPU ( $325) . Waiting now to see if AMD will help me with warranty. I've been in electronics for over 50 years ( retired in 88) and still I get very nervous putting stuff together. If you decide to do tbis, read everything three times , put it aside for a few days and then read it a couple times more. If you have doubts get help and not from some like yourself. Good luck.

P.S. I had a lot of help frm my 13 year old grandson, his nerves and eyes are much better than mine. He fiddles with remote control cars ( gas and electric) for a hobby and is slowly getting into the PC bussiness as learns and understands more about how they work. When you can pull the side off a PC and in your mind see what the various sub asseblies are doing you are on your way. Again Good Luck.

Holy crap you're 77?!?!?! Damn dude you have alot of heart! Keep messing with computers!!!

HELPME! said:
No way dude ......
I want my one CUSTOMIZED and i want to know whats am paying for and whats in the BOX. I also want to learn how to build it cauz i thinking of a IT job ;)

sounds like just the spirit those 12-year-old asian sweat shop workers need.

Am asian -.-" .......
I have decided to get a "Cord" keyboard and mouse ...... I play alot of CS .. and your comments are getting me worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom