TR2 430Watt PSU

Impruv

In Runtime
TR2 420W PSU ...is this a decent PSU for a general gamer that doesn't OC? No SLI either. My mobo is the ASUS P5LP-LE (24pin)

Specs:
Pentium D 2.8ghz
1GB DDR2 Ram
2 optical drives
1 HD

a BFG 6600GT OC

a little more searching led me to this PSU Coolmax CR-450 ; so either the one in my first post or this one; which would be best for my rig?

Also, if my mobo has PCI-E; does it mean that the PSU has to have a PCI-E connector or something like that?

nah i wouldnt think so, but u should really try for a 500W psu for that rig because its gona need quite a bit of power

even a 400W psu will be more than enough.

And I don't think that the 6600GT needs the pci-e connector. Some newer cards (I'd say 6800GT and better) need the pci-e connector because they can't get enough power from the psu.

yes 400W would be enough the only reason i said a 500W would be better was because he might be upgrading in the future and out of those 2 the coolmax CR-500 looks best

alrite; thank you for the help...

One question off this PSU topic...

I have a card reader that was a part of my old HP case and since I'm buying a new case; how do I put that card reader into the new case? Do they go into one of the 5.25/3.25" bays or what?

Back
Top Bottom