Political Correctness

I'm getting really sick of this, two days, & the half-expected has happened already, a load of unnecessary obscenities again! some people are so predictable, can't we ever have a calm discussion about anything?, pack it in!

geek_gal said:
did you mean me? *confused some more*
No, not you, the other Aussie woman & Paradox, didn't you see that it was their posts that I deleted?, you only quoted.

Maurice

As you see, I deleted Paradox's & Natalya's posts, geek gal thought I was getting at her, but she just quoted, another thread turned sour, it doesn't take long before someone starts flaming.

i removed my post from your post Maurice, hope you dont mind...

jeez, this is getting a bit out of hand, just try to control yourselves, I get really really annoyed about political correctness, but I have managed to control myself. I was quite surprised what Mark Thorpe said, a bit shocking for a MOD, perhaps you should delete that post as well Maurice, quite offensive.
I do agree that changing the Union Jack so Muslims do not feel offended is stupid, I'd be surprised if they were offended by it. Anyway, it seems stupid to change our presigious, traditional flag, for a bunch of guys that bombed us (I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists, more that all terrorists are Muslims) and who follows areligion that tells you if you blow yourself up along with a few others, that you will go to heaven with 26 virgins (or something like that)
Really not politically correct: ALL chavs should be shot, anyone wearing burberry that isn't rich should be up against the wall, BAM

Right...
Firstly...
that post was entierly ignorant, (in every sense of the word...)

1, I find that racism in general is spawned from complete ignorance, I say that post is racist because of what it said... I know it was edited out, but having seen it, i'll expand you mind a little with some facts...

2, the word Wog, (which might sound a little funny) is an abrieviation of the word Golliwog,
this is a golliwog http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=golliwog

golliwog are ephigies of the black and white misterals... (try watching bamboozled for a nice easy to understand idea of what the black and white minsterals were...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215545/)

the word golliwog referes specifically to very very dark skined black people...

the australian riots were between bigoted white guys and bigoted asian guys,

Secondly...
I still have a golliwog doll, I'll take a picture of it if you want, had it for years...

Political correctnes has gone a little mad. there are so many words that you can, pr can't use to describe a certain type of persons, whatever the description is, ethnicity, religion etc)...
however, the gay marriage is more about recognition and rights than recognising marriage in the eyes of a gd, (whichever one you may or may not worship).
it's the idea that a couple living together as married partners have certain rights, and privellages,
married couples have better rights when the split up and go through courts. married couples have different tax laws to those just living together.
Gay marriage is a ceremony, and is not a blessing, so in those terms it's more about equality than political correctness...

However, you may (if you live in britain) have seen a bit in the news yesterday about the idea that some people want a britain day, in the same way as americans have the 4th July, the idea that people can be proud to be british, and that the Union Jack should mean more than a symbol of hate, or extreme rightwinged-ness when displayed...
(best example was Billy Brag on TV said: when you see a white van with a Union Jack in the window, you immediatly start to wonder about the political leanings of the person, EG, UKIP / BNP)... the idea that if you're proud to be british then you're unwelcoming of other people...
that's what started the whole Political correctness movements,

I agree with the basic ideas of political correctness, but I thikn it's true to say that in some areas it has gone a little mad...

Maurice said:
I was in the food trade from the mid-forties right up to the seventies, yes, I'm that old, look at my profile, the gollies were on Robertson's jam & marmalade jars, you peeled them off, sent about twenty away, & got a smart little enamel badge, they then brought in various different badges to choose from, gollies playing cricket & football, playing various musical instruments, the detail was very good, bearing in mind they were only about an inch high.
On a recent "Cash in the attic" a woman put up a gollywog ashtray & soft toy, neither sold, & I understand that doll manufacturers have to make a percentage of black dolls.
I remember the gollies! you could collect them and all their outfits!

this seems to have turned more into a talk about national priide than political correctness. (I've read the whole thing at once because i've been away a few days)

maybe the english arent so in love with their country but as a a scot i am! i have a 6 foot scottish flag hanging in my window! and the lion rampant flag above my bed. and further to other posts I do know the words to scottish songs/anthems (flower of scotland, auld lang syne, etc..) I wear a kilt to any significant occasion (recently.. new year, my aunties silver wedding anniversary thing...) and i have a heap of scottish music on the computer! nothing sounds better to me than a good bit of bag pipes!! gets your blood pumpin!!! :D

political correctness has gone overboard a bit!!.. if you look at some things in schools then you'll really be laughing! emmm im trying to think of one now! (dont you hate it when that happens!?)

anyway i feel this "multicultural" society has gone overboard as well. my dad works in a prison and some of the things there are outrageous. i mean really if i got locked up in a prison in saudi arabia (thats assuming am not hanged publicly, or have my hand cut off as punishment or anything like that) and then i asked for a copy of the bible and told them to show respect for xmas and easter! what do you think theyd do!?.. give me an xmas tree?? i mean really it annoys me how we accept more and more assylum seekers when they are not doing our country any good.

Back
Top Bottom