6600GT or 6800

The GS is a good choice. It's newer and capable of speeds to that of a 6800GT (at an affordable price). Otherwise, a 6800 is nice too.

there is a 6800 that can unlock its pipelines and a shader but i dont remember which one it is but if u can find out that also would be a very good choice

I have the Apollo 6800, for most people it comes already unlocked. Even on apollos site it says it has 16 pipes. Mine wasent, but unlocking them and overclocking cause no temp changes or atifacts. I would say get it, its the only agp 6800 selling at newegg anyway.

PCIe. I was comparing the prices of the 6600GT and 6800. I found the PNY 6600GT for $137 and the 6800 is $179ish. I didnt know if it was worth the xtra $

sure it is but make sure u get a good brand such as evga or bfg and some key things to look for are higher clock speeds, more pipelines, and more shaders, the higher and more u have the better when it comes to vid cards and what games are u planning on playing?

Nothing too demanding. I play World of Warcraft a lot, Hitman contracts, NBA 2005, and UT 2004. Like I said nothing very demanding. I would like to step up into the newer games when I get my system finished.

well if ur planning on getting new games in the future i highly recommend u get the 6800GS at least because games are becoming more and more demmanding

Back
Top Bottom