Linux Debian

darthvader619

In Runtime
I was thinking of installing a Linux Debian over my old Windows ME. Would this work? I dont know anything about computer coding, and stuff, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

It's possible to install over it. Although you'd lose all data once you change file systems. Read the installation guide or at least glance over it. Get a rough idea of how it'd go. If you wanna try linux you can go with a live cd, find a shell, download cygwin. There's plenty of documentation around. Just gotta know where to look. Good luck.

well, let you experiance linux. a live cd is a cd that you stick in your cd rom and boot from. it doesn't require an installation and doesn't overwrite stuff on your hard drive. You cannot configure settings or anything like that or save stuff while using it but it'll give you a feel for it. A shell is an account on a *Nix system you login via ssh. this will get you use to the terminal or command line of linux. it's important to know how to do stuff through a CLI (command line interface). cygwin is a program you install on your computer which runs like linux. it's like having your own personal shell on your windows box without having to install linux, buy one, or find someone who'll give you one.

Back
Top Bottom