Poll: who has the accent?

I never really knew that there were different types of English accents. I was going to say American because there are different types of accents here but now I think both have accents.

i think americans do because the english first invented english and so therefore decide how true english should be spoken. really, american english isnt even english anymore. me and my friends just call it american language. seriously.

setishock said:
It's spelled AMERICAN. Not americain.
I have a southern drawl but there is nothing worse than trying to understand a cocney. My mom was English and my father was German. WW2 never ended around my house. When they got in to it you couldna be understanding the lot of them...

yep, sorry, im kinda tired, my spelling goes to pot when im tired... thanks for pointing that out

I realy want to know what an American accent sounds like...
I have never left the contry, but people say I sound either russian or british...

And Mr. Monger, we speak english cause way back in the 1700's your colonies decided to break away and form there own country...
And we are a diverse nation of Spainards, Mexicans, Polish, African, ect... We adopt some of their words, create our own slang, mix up the accents, ect.

Britain does too. Both of our dialects have evolved, spread, change over the years.
But I think it is funny when something over their that is positive means something negative over here, cause then I hear you say it and interpret it differently(happens all the time)

American...man....i hate this stupid accent...soo boring..i want to say something and add a "mate" to it. or ''eh?'' LOL

BlACK

Black said:
American...man....i hate this stupid accent...soo boring..i want to say something and add a "mate" to it. or ''eh?'' LOL

BlACK

You forgot something B.l.A.C.K

I voted English.

Americans don't really have an accent. We have a very bad version of English. We make so many slang words it's not even funny. The British have an accent, but I could care less, just as long as we speak the same language!

Well, I'm going to say we both do, you can't really say that the english are talking english right because they were speaking it before us. Don't forget, Canadians were brought over from england, so if you really want to say that, we can say we've been speaking it right as well. But I think accents are different because of cultural changes with demographics of the planet. Since we're in Canada, we have the native, and Americans have natives, and then we have Americans and Canadians right beside each other. So, first the natives probably influenced the way we talked, and then when we found out about our nabors, they probably influenced the way we talked as well, even though we haven't really ever talked the same, I think we've influenced each other in the way we talk. But I think no body has the right to say they're speaking english the way it's meant to be spoken because you can't say that, the english spoken word has devloped and changed over the past many years, and people have had cultural influences to they're spoken word. So who has the accent? everybody.

Chris

mark thorpe said:
yep, sorry, im kinda tired, my spelling goes to pot when im tired... thanks for pointing that out

Gee... I wonder why Mark was so tired... I bet his "very good friend" *pokes Mark* keeps him awake all night :p

It's the English with the accent... yep, no question about it!

Back
Top Bottom