internet speed...

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Do any of you know of a program that shows you your internet speeds? I have comcast cable internet and its comparible to dial-up. I want to complain to comcast but my windows internet status thing says it's always 100 Mbps. So if any of you could help me that would be totally rad.

-Sneaux Corp. Spokesman

thats faster than my cable. i've got adelphia...so apparently all cable companies suck. i get about 50 kbps on an average server, and i think it tops out at about 250 kbps.
thats about 5 times slower than my moms DSL, and cable is supposed to be faster than DSL. I called adelphia and they said those are the speeds i should be getting with my internet service..
so apparently i've got some bottom tier service and im still paying a lot of money for it..damn cable companies

GreatHype said:
Do any of you know of a program that shows you your internet speeds? I have comcast cable internet and its comparible to dial-up. I want to complain to comcast but my windows internet status thing says it's always 100 Mbps. So if any of you could help me that would be totally rad.

-Sneaux Corp. Spokesman

If you're looking at the box that shows how long and at what speed you're going that is not the true speed of your connection to your ISP. That's how fast your LAN connection is from the computer to the modem.
Shows a little pic of 2 computer screens together and they blink with in coming and out going data traffic. Below that on the left is sent and to the right of that is recv. That's the LAN flow and speed window.

if you are connected via ethernet...and your local area connection says 100mbps...then right click my computer->properties->hardware->device manager-> click + next to network adapters. Right click your nic. And go to advanced and change the speed and duplex to 10 mbps full duplex....

reason...when your lac is set to 100...it actually cause slower speed. Justlike if you have crappy lines. and you have a 7 meg connection. You may actuall expirience much slower speeds than if you were at 1 meg...

if i didnt explain well enough. let me know...lol

edit:
setishock said:
If you're looking at the box that shows how long and at what speed you're going that is not the true speed of your connection to your ISP. That's how fast your LAN connection is from the computer to the modem.
Shows a little pic of 2 computer screens together and they blink with in coming and out going data traffic. Below that on the left is sent and to the right of that is recv. That's the LAN flow and speed window.

sorry didnt see your post...but im 99% sure thats what he is talking about

Back
Top Bottom