cpu-z reporting wrong

Tuxman

Solid State Member
I have been reading about overclocking for a few weeks and I decided to try cpu-z to see where I'm at now.

Its reporting my processor as an athlon xp palomino clocking 1302Mhz+/-.I saw something recently reported it as an athlon xp 1500+.Neither one is correct.

I have an athlon xp 2100+ about 5 yrs old.Dont know what core.

I am using xp now.The 7 linux os's I have in my box all identify the cpu as 2100+ 1747Mhz when loading the kernel.

I'm slightly confused.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot please. And where did you buy this processor? And how long have you had it?

How do I get a screenshot with win?
I have one with Linux and guess what?It says the same thing!I know this is not right.
I bought a new mobo a few weeks ago and swapped it for my old.Could this have anything to do with it?
Mandrivas hardware utility used to id my processor correctly.Funny thing is while linux is loading at startup it id's correctly?
I know what my box has in it I built it.Below is a linux screenshot and a pic of the pkg insert from my processor.The pkg insert is Copyright 2002.It is at least that old.

I have a Athlon XP 2100+ are the multipiler and FSB speeds right in the bios? because the stock ones should be: FSB 133mhz and the multipiler of 13X, I'm not too sure because I had to google it as I have overclocked my 2100++

because the stock ones should be: FSB 133mhz and the multipiler of 13X
No.I have no idea how to set the multiplier.Dont think I've seen that before.

The FSB is another story.With my old mobo yes it was always set @133.
I have been playing with the new mobo bios and I have to keep this value set to 100Mhz or my box wont start.

If I choose any setting but 100Mhz I have to reset the mobo to get it to boot?
I've been thinking this isnt right.
Any thoughts?

Thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom