I almost wrecked my PC

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I managed to overclock my CPU to 2.7. But I booted up CS and it crashed, locking up half way through. So i reset my PC and it didnt boot. I reset the cosmos and it didnt boot. My motherboard was telling me that there was something wrong with the processor. So i removed the heatsink and saw to my suprise that there was nothing there. The CPU was stuck to the heat sink.

So when I had taken it off, the locking handel handnt been released so I bent load of pins.

But amazingly after spending 2 hours with a pair a tweezers, making sure that every single one of the 939 pins was straight I mangaged to fit it back in the socket and it booted once more!

Im just sticking to 2.5 now :)

Jesus, luki or what. I bet sweat was dripping off your face every second of the way through that.

Well done though.

lhuser said:
*rolls on the floor laighing soo badly...*

God, don't OC anymore!

Never! Its to addictive! Once you know what your doing you just want to go faster and faster

I would have cried. Seriously the first time I went to overclock I set it too high and it wouldnt boot. I was so scared, then I figured out you just have to reset the cmos.

99nasha said:
Never! Its to addictive! Once you know what your doing you just want to go faster and faster

That's why you shouldn't OCed it in the beggining :rolleyes:

I did OC, but it became useless...

99nasha said:
I managed to overclock my CPU to 2.7. But I booted up CS and it crashed, locking up half way through. So i reset my PC and it didnt boot. I reset the cosmos and it didnt boot. My motherboard was telling me that there was something wrong with the processor. So i removed the heatsink and saw to my suprise that there was nothing there. The CPU was stuck to the heat sink.

So when I had taken it off, the locking handel handnt been released so I bent load of pins.

But amazingly after spending 2 hours with a pair a tweezers, making sure that every single one of the 939 pins was straight I mangaged to fit it back in the socket and it booted once more!

Im just sticking to 2.5 now :)

ROTFLMFAO

Back
Top Bottom