Maxtor One Touch II Firewire/USB External Harddrive Failure...

Hmm... in the startup screen, I see everything detected that's connected... my linksys wireless, optical drives... but no maxtor.

NOTE: This isn't the bios screen, however.

In the BIOS screen? And what is POST? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge in this field.

This is BIOS.

POST is (Power On Self Test) a series of built-in diagnostics performed by the BIOS in a PC when the computer is first started.
Hope this helps.

I greatly appreciate your help... the Power On Self Test, where can I find that, based upon the picture you took? Sorry for being such a bother.

That happend to me wiht my system drive (was not coming up in My Computer) Check the device manager if it still shows up there then run EZ Recovery by OnTrack that recoverd about 95% of my data.

It just happens. You can't really find it. WHenever you boot your comp, BIOS performs POST. Try integrated peripherals, etc.

Alright, I was able to get to the BIOS screen... the BIOS utility, but it did not look like the picture you posted. As soon as I exited, the test occurred automatically, but for a different disk, my flash drive, not my external hard drive.

WHoa... it's external? that's a whole other thing here then... is it usb or firewire? Did you install it correctly? drivers?

Yes, it's external... both USB and Firewire, butr I have it set to USB. I tried both, and correctly installed the drivers... by the way, in the hardware list, it's listed as problematic, and the reason stated is that it "fails to start up". That's a problem I can't fix alone, right?

Back
Top Bottom