What do you think?

G9

Daemon Poster
I'm planning to buy some Harddrives...

RAID 0
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822116154
147 GB 15K RPM, set to RAID 0... hence, I need two for a total of $1600. This harddrive will be for running programs and such.

RAID 1 (2x=$1460)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822116148
300 GB 10K RPM, set to RAID 1... hence, I need two for a total of $1460. This harddrive will be used for storing files, etc... basically, the storage drive.

And together for a wopping $3060, burning hole in my wallet. Woo.

Is it possible for me to get better details, or perhaps, a better product? Is Fujitsu a trustworthy corporation, or is the more expensive Seagate the better option? In comparing the stats, Fujitsu was better yet cheapter (less read time, etc...).

I wouldn't get these [font=&quot]period. A waste of money. These drives would perform well tomorrow, in tomorrows age. Not today. 10,000rpm drives would do you just fine. Get two 74gb 10,000 raptors, then two [/font][font=&quot]Hitachi[/font][font=&quot] deskstars. Fujitsu is ok with hd's, but, yeah, Seagate is better known for hd's. If you have the money to get that 15,000rpm hd, go ahead, but I wouldn't. Just a waste of money in my opinion. If you seriously want performance like no other, go ahead. I can't stop you. :D[/font]

[font=&quot]Well, it depends on your performance wants. Raid 0 is data spread across multiple drives for optimal performance and raid 1 is data backup for maximum security. Raid o sounds better for me, because I, too, like performance. [/font]

I want maximum performance for my programs, hence RAID 0, and maximum security for my storage/files, hence RAID 1. Is the performance difference staggering?

Well, to a point, yes. It won't be light and day, but you'll notice it, oh yeah. Then get four hd's. lol. Two for raid 0, two for raid 1. If you have the money and know how to set them all up, go right ahead. But, remember, once you set raid, you can't change it. So chose wisely.

ok, but they have to be exact same space, etc. to set it up. two same drives.

Back
Top Bottom