Questions about ad's

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
David, or anyone really,

Has the ad's changed or something new or what have you?
I found it a bit strange tho, i took alook up the top where the ad's are and usally i dont take much notice at them but i noticed one was for foxtel!? :eek:
For those of you un-Australia people foxtel is a cable(pay tv) in Australia,
Why was that there! I was thinking spyware but i really dont think it was, i do a daily scan...

Also suddenly why is there alot of these ad's! lmao!

ie.jpg

(with eg of using IE)

And another question what happens if you click on the ad's?
Its not like what happens with google is it? some sites from there(deppens like not always safe sites you know like agfega.com blah blah) you get a virus/trojan/spyware or that is it? That goes sometimes hidden? Because i clicked on the foxtel ad... :|

AND also what happends if you block the ad's if say im using firefox? Is that okay?

What do you mean the ads have changed? Its a new company but the ad characteristics have not changed.

No there are no viruses, the ads we use are from large, reputable companies. (Dell for example in the pic above) rather than google who work with lots of very small people who probably would put viruses on there.

If you block the ads, then sadly that means cf won't be around anymore; if people block the ads then we have no way of paying for server costs and would shut down.

Well, I have my ads blocked. So should I stop doing that. Because, Im using this no-script thing with Foxie (toolbar). And I have all the images blocked with firefox.

David Lindon said:
What do you mean the ads have changed? Its a new company but the ad characteristics have not changed.

No there are no viruses, the ads we use are from large, reputable companies. (Dell for example in the pic above) rather than google who work with lots of very small people who probably would put viruses on there. ~

If you block the ads, then sadly that means cf won't be around anymore; if people block the ads then we have no way of paying for server costs and would shut down.

Thanks david for ya input and help on this :)

Yeah thats what i meant, the ad'd looked diffrent and neater so to say

ad characteristics have not changed.

How you mean. Sorry :confused: ?

~ Thats VERY interesting! thanks daivd

Also another thing the ad's are quite anoying me now, just that now couple of problems are happening more now, that as some people have said(including you i think) that it was a problem with the ad'd not loading probley and its happening more now(to me now)

David Lindon said:
Well if you can enable them that would help us out

I will try not to block any now, but as you say that what if since you said the ad's are safe(well...you no) how about if say me(or anyone who would want to help cf and you, david out) clicked on the ad'd at least once a day would that help or would it make a diffrence to help... Because i use to do that with 2 other sites i think it was ad sense(with google or something) im not too sure its a while ago now..
(if that all makes sense lol)

ad characteristics have not changed.
I meant they are still the same type of banner ie 468*60 pixels, its still the same size as before etc.

Geek_gal - we get paid per view, not click so don't worry about clicking on purpose.

How do they know if they've been blocked by each of us or not
We don't, but if enough people disabled them then our costs would outway our revenue which would be very bad!

Back
Top Bottom