Maxtor One Touch II Firewire/USB External Harddrive Failure...

G9

Daemon Poster
...so here's what happened:

The LED light on the front button blinks very rapidly when turned on, but the disk still spins. It doesn't appear on the "My Computer" roster... is there anyway I can retreive the information without going to a service center?

The light is supposed to blink rapidly when the disk turns on. It's displaying disk activity. Maybe I missed the problem? Specs please, and elaborate for me, thanks.

Meh, I can't even see it on the "My Computer" roster list. Thanks for your help!

Make sure connections are all good. BIOS should be checked too. See if it's being recognized there. Check disk properties just in case windows is doing something funny and it combines them. Try different connections, etc.

BIOS? I've tried different connections, and connectivity reads green across the board.

How can I check that? Take into mind that you're talking to a real comp n00b here.

In your other thread, you talk about setting up raid. raid is so much harder compared to this. Check BIOS. press f10, f8, f2, or delete when you see your comp's first screen. Go into BIOS. Check around drives, hardware, etc. and see if it's there. Try using only one drive and see if your comp actually get's past POST.

Back
Top Bottom