specs for my laptop

here_is_gone

In Runtime
These are the specs for the laptop I'm hopefully going to order tonight..anything I should improve on/upgrade?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=i6000S1&s=dhs

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

15.4 inch WXGA LCD Panel

512MB Shared DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms

80GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

ntel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)

FREE! ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X300 64MB HyperMemory™

6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (53 WHr)

I also want some kind of backpack to hold the laptop..any recommendations? Thanks.

the vid card is a little low for my tastes, personaly i have ATI mobility RAdeon X600 and its pretty dam good. otherwise looks real nice

I'll probably gonna watch DVD and only play halo occasionally on the laptop so i dont think i'll upgrade the video card again (the ATI 64 MB card was a free upgrade)

i thought u couldnt upgrade vid cards in laptops? and i dont think that will play halo but it will be ok for movies

You can upgrade the video cards. There's another option through dell for a 128 MB card, but I figured that it would give me even less battery life, and it would generate a lot of heat, and I wouldn't be using it a lot, so I just got the free 64 MB upgrade. I ordered it last night..hopefully it will be here by friday!

Back
Top Bottom