Nvidia Graphics Card Problem?

ccasmoe00

In Runtime
I just replaced my old graphics card with the Nvidia GeForce 5200 256MB Card. I dont know if its me or the Graphics Card but when I play videos they look horrible! I mean really bad! My old Graphics Card did a way better job. I can hardly see anything. Is there something in the settings that I need to change? Please Help!!!!

Ok that worked. It looks better now. But its not the quality that I expect. I know its not the best graphics card but I thought the video quality would have been better than the previous graphics card. But it looks about the same. I guess you get what you pay for. If I go to Best Buy right now and buy a real good Graphics Card thats going to cost me a good amount of more money, will the quality of the videos get better?

ya, the fx series from nvidia isn't great at all, i dont know why you only upgraded to a 5200, cause that card absolutely sucks balls.
i would suggest returning it while you still have time and buying atleast a geforce 6600 or higher.
you will see a difference in the way a game looks by the quality of the card itself...

also, game settings will affect the way a game looks too, here is a screen shot of call of duty 2 with graphics cranked all the way up...
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1069/shot00341wk.jpg
i have to turn my rendering method down to dx7 cause dx9 is too much for most cards.

Will it increase the way the video looks as well? I'm not a big gamer but I have an 19" LCD and I want the best quality of picture and video I can get. You guys let me know and I'll go buy the card ASAP. THANKS!

ya for sure, it will increase performance and the overall look... depending on your price range...
best card for the money right now is the nvidia 6600 gt.

no it will not the video quality will be the same it will only make a difference if u get vivo which is only present on some low end cards such as the 6600gt etc. and please watch ur language.

getting a better video card would only get u better fps really but have u tried changing the video options for the game? like putting the resolution and detail up???

gaming_freak said:
getting a better video card would only get u better fps really but have u tried changing the video options for the game? like putting the resolution and detail up???
actually, it does make it look better, the newer cards come with new features, some of them being shader models 3.0, improved HDR, antialiasing effects.
so ya it will look better if you buy a newer video card, plus you get a lot more fps, which makes the game run smoother and allows you to be that much better.

to show this, go in your game, take a screen shot of everything on high. with your 5200
then when u get a new card do the same thing, you will see a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom