what's this?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
sometimes when i visit the gallery area of the forum, a box pops up stating "connecting to a200.g.akamai.net" and it has a spot for a user name and password....anyone know what that pop up box is for?

Please next time you see it take a screen shot and post it. Don't worry if the pic is big. I need to see the log on box.

i have a screen shot of it, but can not post it because "you may not post attatchments" is listed at the bottom of this thread creation page....how else can i put a screenshot in my post?

Wow. wtf. That looks like something for administrative properties.. for windows though. Not this site. Thats weird. Just block that adress with what ever browser you use.

What it is is the popups site is trying to get you to login, but you dont need to, i know david needs to get rid of the popups on here becuase they seem to be causing a problem or you can get norton internet security 2006. It blocks all pop ups for me with firefox.

Here is the answer:

If a user posts an image (Its the gallery forum right?) on a server and then changes the permissions so that the server is password only then it will popup asking for a password to download the screenshot.

If you provide me a link to the thread page in question, I can remove the non working image link producing the login

Back
Top Bottom