Theory

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Theres this one theory, Its called a ________ Complex or something along those lines. It basically says that humans as a species naturally want things they cant have. Does anyone know what thats called?

I know this is semi-off topic, but for some reason I saw the _____ Complex and thought of the Sigmund Freud's "Oedipus Complex"...He was one seriously confused individual. :)

could this be what you mean?
"The ego-complex abhors talk or assured well-being (guaranteed income, livable minimum wage, safety net) because it would remove people from the rolls of insecurity and desperation, the conditions which give selfish ego the opportunity to manipulate for personal advantage. The best assurance to ego of its well-doing is the poor-doing of others.”

Paradox said:
Theres this one theory, Its called a ________ Complex or something along those lines. It basically says that humans as a species naturally want things they cant have. Does anyone know what thats called?
Id complex?

I don't think it'd be the Id Complex. I actually think it'd be the Super-Ego. Not really a 'complex' per-say, but it is very closely related to, and often confused with the Id Complex. Basically the short and simple definition of the Super-Ego is this: The super-ego is the faculty that seeks to police what it deems unacceptable desires.
That basically says it right there. We strive to posess what we cannot have. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom